very slight hesitation off idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

harryjt

i have a 2002 rx 951 . compression is good 130 across the board. new plugs rave valves are clean. i rebuilt both carbs with factory parts replaced the accel pump diaphragm checked both pop of pressures. all hoses have been replaced and the restrictor is in place in the hose for the accel pump . i have the high speed jet closed low speed jet set to the factory setting. i am getting a very very slight hesitation off of idle. once it pass it the motor pulls like crazy right up to factory specs for rpm and speed. i am thinking i need to rich in the low speed adjuster jet but i wanted to asked what you guys think before i do it.

Sounds like mine. I do have to press a little bit on the throttle for 1-2 seconds before going to WOT or otherwise it will hesitate slightly. I guess this is normal behavior. I did help it however by turning my low speed screw by 1/8 turn (rich) last year. But really, go very easy on that screw: don't play with too much.

I recently asked the same question and this is the answer I got. However my ski is a very basic 717 engine.

I had a feeling it was normal but , i wanted to make sure . ill have to try adjusting the low speed screw out a bit and see if it will help a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back