V-Tech Hand Held Tuners for the Spark in stock!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I heard it is possible to just load the HO tune for those with the 60hp model. What would be the pricing for that and is it actually possible? The problem being that the 60hp models do not have the ability to switch between touring and sport modes.

I heard it is possible to just load the HO tune for those with the 60hp model. What would be the pricing for that and is it actually possible? The problem being that the 60hp models do not have the ability to switch between touring and sport modes.

That is what this post is all about.. You can "TUNE" your 60hp engine with the above items.

/yes, you can tune to 90HP. The pricing would be the ext same as the 109HP tune.

I meant that I do not want to go to the 110 hp I just want to basically have the HO model output of 90 hp just like stock AND the ability to switch between sport and touring modes. I do not want to risk it with higher rpm's than the factory determined for the engine but do want it be just like the HO model. I would have just bought the HO model but this was the last and only Spark available from all 15 dealers in my area.

Yes you can load in the 90hp tune with the V-Tech system, and still keep the modes. The Spark's engine is good to 9000 rpm with no issues...this coming directly from one of the engineers at BRP.

Ok, but I do not currently have the modes so I am wondering if this tune will also add the modes or not. I am sorry for causing confusion with my questions but that is what I have been trying to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, but I do not currently have the modes so I am wondering if this tune will also add the modes or not. I am sorry for causing confusion with my questions but that is what I have been trying to figure out.

To answer your question, yes it does give you "touring" and "sport", that was cool, because before the Vtech tune that wouldn't show up, and yes if you just want it to act like the 90 ho, it does that too..

This tune ''credit'' stuff is crap why cant it be like a car or truck and just buy tuner and that's it

Yes I can tell your trolling however I will take the time to explain. This is why it cost a lot. It's like your PC you need hardware and software. The HW is the Tuner. Basically it's a computer interface that allows you talk over some variation of a CAN bus between your PC and the ECU. Personally I think it's over price compared to consume goods, but they are making hundreds not tens of thousands. When I bought CANDOO I paid 400 bucks. So it's in a comparable price range.

The TUNE is the software. It's more like new values with subroutines. It takes time to develop these products and not blow up your five thousand dollar engine. So I think it's a very fair price.

This tune has been tested extensively by the teams at both RIVA and VTECH. I wouldn't worry about the reliability at this point. People have put hundreds of hours on the skis with the tune installed.

Check out PIRATE MOTORSPORTS on eBAY....

Tuned my 60 HP base model to 110 HP for $225 !!!!!

The guys above are trying to charge almost $1000 ?

HMMM....

Would love to hear how their tune is worth over 4x as much?

PIRATE MOTORSPORTS. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND LOOK THEM UP. BEST DEAL GOING!

Check out PIRATE MOTORSPORTS on eBAY....

Tuned my 60 HP base model to 110 HP for $225 !!!!!

The guys above are trying to charge almost $1000 ?

HMMM....

Would love to hear how their tune is worth over 4x as much?

PIRATE MOTORSPORTS. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND LOOK THEM UP. BEST DEAL GOING!

Dyno tested and proven. Backed by RIVA Motorosports. also, its $550 and not $1,000 for the tune.

Yes but with required hardware its close to $1000. That seems a little extreme, no?

I sent my ECU and cluster to Pirate Motorsports in GA and require no hardware purchase. He has a 24 hr turn around time.

Yes but with required hardware its close to $1000. That seems a little extreme, no?

I sent my ECU and cluster to Pirate Motorsports in GA and require no hardware purchase. He has a 24 hr turn around time.

Although, this is an undoubtedly an unpopular opinion around here, I tend to agree to a point. Roughly 20% the value of a ski seems a bit steep to gain a few rpms or whatever the tune does exactly. That said, I guess if that's the price they want to charge for R&D and the market will pay for it then I cannot blame them. It will likely be that way until competition is injected into the market.

Just curious...have you personally used this pirate place and how were your results? Are they just unlocking the 90hp with the megatech buds, or are they adding a different map to the ski?

Yes!

He actually tuned my 60HP base model to 110HP and enabled sport mode! Best $225 Ive ever spent!

Ski used to do 42 MPH and now does 52 MPH.

CHECK OUT PIRATE MOTORSPORTS ON EBAY. GUYS NAME IS BRIAN. REAL PLEASURE TO WORK WITH AND VERY RESPONSIVE!

Absolutely no need to spend $500-$1000 getting your spark tuned. That is highway robbery!

Yea the tune credit and machine are priced lower than I've seen in the past. But as mentioned that's a pretty darn stiff cost.
What I don't like is that if I want to change the tune on the same ski I have to buy another credit. So they are giving, what is advertised as high tech​, oh so much work to develop, so it cost so much money; to ppl who probably aren't techy. Seems like a sure way to get aggravated.
It should honestly not be a charge for the tune credits.

Yea the tune credit and machine are priced lower than I've seen in the past. But as mentioned that's a pretty darn stiff cost.
What I don't like is that if I want to change the tune on the same ski I have to buy another credit. So they are giving, what is advertised as high tech​, oh so much work to develop, so it cost so much money; to ppl who probably aren't techy. Seems like a sure way to get aggravated.
It should honestly not be a charge for the tune credits.

This is not true. You pay one time for a license for your ski and you can update and change to any maps for that ski as they come out.

Yes!

He actually tuned my 60HP base model to 110HP and enabled sport mode! Best $225 Ive ever spent!

Ski used to do 42 MPH and now does 52 MPH.

CHECK OUT PIRATE MOTORSPORTS ON EBAY. GUYS NAME IS BRIAN. REAL PLEASURE TO WORK WITH AND VERY RESPONSIVE!

Absolutely no need to spend $500-$1000 getting your spark tuned. That is highway robbery!

I think I'm going to give this guy a shot. I'll report back on how it goes.

Do you guys just do a ECU re-flash if we send them in to you??
I'm starting to see more of this practice at a much lower price like on eBay instead of buying the tuner and the software license for future use and probably never using them again?.
I would feel much safer if you guys were behind it then off of a internet "want- a- be" person.

Correct. You need to send Pirate Motorsports your ECU and digital tach/computer display and he tunes and programs them to match and returns. Both super easy to remove and reinstall. Takes about 15 minutes for both or less.

Call Brian, you will not be disappointed! I gained 10 MPH for $225. Now running 93 full time. Best money Ive spent on my Spark, hands down. Will retune as well for a small fee as you add more mods.

Do you guys just do a ECU re-flash if we send them in to you??
I'm starting to see more of this practice at a much lower price like on eBay instead of buying the tuner and the software license for future use and probably never using them again?.
I would feel much safer if you guys were behind it then off of a internet "want- a- be" person.
Terry,

Yes send it in and we will get it done. Give us a call tomorrow. 888 605 2335

Thanks!

Back