utopia interior paint

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lhogan

I have 2004 utopia 205 and I need to match the paint on the glovebox dash board. It is a sort of crink flat gray does anyone know the kind of paint I need?

Thanks

Ihogan, You can call your local seadoo dealer and request the paint code. In the past years the paint has been availiable in automotive colors but you need to mix with reducer and a catylist and spray with a professional spray gun. If your a automotive body man than no problem. If not, you can get the code and go to a body shop thay can spray it for you. I'm sure it won't be cheap, I am a PPG cert. refinisher and paint and the chemicals, and some labor could get price say like...about $100.00!! ask around to get it painted. Also when at the seadoo dealers ask if they can get paint in a aerosel can ready to spray, it should be under $20.00 and might be the cheapest wayout. You could also go to a automotive paint store and bring in the door, and let them look at it. Tell them you want to get close to the color and your looking for something in a single coat spray aerosol can. They can recommend the proper paint to use. This is probably the easest and cheapest way to go..
Karl

Or you can........

To add to what Karl has provided for you.......

I looked at your glove box assembly in an exploded view to try and determine exactly what area you were talking about. Is it a part attached to the boat? Or is it part of the hull. If it's just a part attached to the boat, then karl's rememdy is best.
If it's a part of the hull, then that's Gelcoat. Gelcoat consists of resign, pigment (coloring), fillers, monomers and catalyst applied by a spray gun. If you are looking for a color match for the Gelcoat, the manual recommends you contact Gelcoat International LTD. For information you can use their toll free line at 1-877-435-2683 or email them at Gelcote@comnet.ca.
I hope this has been of some help to you and BTW, you got a sharp boat on your hands!....How do you like the performance of the M2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back