Tuned pipe lower water jacket restriction.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardsrevenge

Hi. Well I melted the t-pipe fitting in the rear exhuast twice now. I went through the entire cooling system and found that the tuned pipe lower water jacket is restricted somewhere. Basically I just pulled each hose and tried to blow air or water through each line.

I have no idea what is causing the block. Looks like I have to remove the tuned pipe to get a better look. Is there a way to clear the blockage without removing the tuned pipe? Coolant flush that dissolves particles? A fish wire that I can feed through the hose and or water jacket?

Again this is the cooling line the tees off the just before the engine intake then runs through the lower pipe water jacket exits the bypass then back to the exhaust and into the water trap. thanks for the and info and help.

fixed it

removed the hose from the T, the calibrated elbow fitting (bypass). I poured some CLR into the pipe and the top hose. came back in an hour the the restriction was free. going to flush it fully tomorrow but i am glad this worked. head pipe stays in place. thank you.

removed the hose from the T, the calibrated elbow fitting (bypass). I poured some CLR into the pipe and the top hose. came back in an hour the the restriction was free. going to flush it fully tomorrow but i am glad this worked. head pipe stays in place. thank you.

What is CLR? I'm having the same issue!!!

calcium lime rust remover, available at hardware store, eg, lowe's, homedepot, etc.
dont know what engine you have but on the 787 there is a water regulator valve on top of the muffler that this T connects to (at least I think that is the T he is referring to). There is a needle valve inside of there, not sure if that could cause your problem but you might want to look at that. I believe I've read that if the water regulator is not functioning properly some hoses can melt.

Thanks, I really hope this ski is going to be a little more realiable, I just replaced the fuel pump, and now this on the maiden voyage (melted t-fitting) This 2nd breakdown is making this fun toy a lot of work right now.

calcium lime rust remover, available at hardware store, eg, lowe's, homedepot, etc.
dont know what engine you have but on the 787 there is a water regulator valve on top of the muffler that this T connects to (at least I think that is the T he is referring to). There is a needle valve inside of there, not sure if that could cause your problem but you might want to look at that. I believe I've read that if the water regulator is not functioning properly some hoses can melt.

Thanks, I really hope this ski is going to be a little more realiable, I just replaced the fuel pump, and now this on the maiden voyage (melted t-fitting) This 2nd breakdown is making this fun toy a lot of work right now.

Hi Gene, I traded my 3d for a 1998 superjet last year. I remember my first two maiden voyages on the 3d = two melted T-fittings. to find the blockage you need to disconnect one end of the cooling water lines and try to blow in them or if you have a compressor blow some light psi through. you should be able to blow out the water and have no pressure build up. once you locate the plug you can try to flush out from the other side. I was able to break it up using clr and blow it out. good luck man. it was a great toy after that.

Thanks everyone, I found two problems....One was the blockage at the lowest elbow fitting, that was cleared up with an air hose, I then tried to run water thru the ski to check to see if the blockage was fixed, but I could not get water thru to the burnt and missing t-fitting. So after trial and error I figured out that the two top fittings on the pipe were actually connected together, not to the T fitting off main water line. So they were not getting any water, just the lower blocked fitting I was able to blow clear...So my dealer gave me a royal srcrewing. How many guys here would pay 250 plus 6 bucks for spark plugs, for this aggravation from Island Powersports on Staten Island? They kept my ski for over a month, somehow found a fuel problem (fuel pump) then sent it out the door like this?

Thanks everyone, I found two problems....One was the blockage at the lowest elbow fitting, that was cleared up with an air hose, I then tried to run water thru the ski to check to see if the blockage was fixed, but I could not get water thru to the burnt and missing t-fitting. So after trial and error I figured out that the two top fittings on the pipe were actually connected together, not to the T fitting off main water line. So they were not getting any water, just the lower blocked fitting I was able to blow clear...So my dealer gave me a royal srcrewing. How many guys here would pay 250 plus 6 bucks for spark plugs, for this aggravation from Island Powersports on Staten Island? They kept my ski for over a month, somehow found a fuel problem (fuel pump) then sent it out the door like this?

good that you found the blockage and corrected the connections. I recommend to all owners that you need to learn to wrench your own gear. I have given up on modern cars but I still work on all my toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back