trouble loading my boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

stangs4

i have a 2002 seadoo utopia and i have a little bit of trouble loading it. It is a seadoo trailer and had the bunks were there is a front set and a back set. Well when i pull my boat out it never seems to center itself so i have to back up and try to pull it over. Anyone else had trouble like this or anyone have an suggestions. I thought about buying the guide ons but the middle of the boat is wider than the back so i dont think that will work. so just wondering if anyone knew anything that i could try. Thanks!!!

My boat isn't exactly in the center....

I have noticed that a little bit. But it isn't really canted that bad for me to notice. If I look directly at it, I notice it being just a touch off. I have thought about bringing a level next time.....:rofl:

Timmy is right....Leave more bunk exposed out of the water. As you winch the boat out it will align itself. I leave between a foot to 18 inches out of the water.

Craig

as a few have said, its a jet boat, you can, and should use ur winch to pull it on the trailer, or suck crap into ur drives and not use ur winch :)

Like you, I had the same problems and eventually took a chunk out of my gelcoat before asking how to do it.

Now I put the trailer in the water until the bunks are wet, then pull it back out until the wheelwells on my trailer are dry, so only the first 1/3 of the bunks are in the water.

Then when you start to load onto the trailer, you get sorta on there and the hull lines itself up. Give it a little gas to get it up on the bunks, and then use the winch to pull it all the way up.

It will center itself as you winch it up onto the exposed parts of the bunks.

The first time loading my new Challenger I could not get it right...it would not load straight, and I could not lift boat onto front roller with the winch. It was a very busy ramp and everyone was offering their 2 cents saying my trailer is not in deep enough. Finally after a very frustrating 10 minutes (seemed like 30) of cursing and trying a guy in the ramp beside me pulled his boat out in 2 seconds. He looked over and said that I'm in WAY too deep. I pulled my trailer out a little (he told me to keep going) until at least 1/3 of trailer was out of water (around wheel lines). The boat straightened up and came up on roller with no issue. I've since pulled my boat out by myself with ease... trailer in too deep will cause issues and make for a frustrating load.

If you put the trailer in too deep, the front tip of the hull will ride in UNDER the winch setup, and then you will lose a chunk of gelcoat that matches my missing chunk.

Keeping the trailer out of the water (after going deep to wet the bunks for easier sliding against the hull) will force the boat into the correct grooves, and it will settle at the correct hight and not hit the winch.

:agree: with thiachi and scooper, What i do is drive the boat on to the front bunks and reach over ther front and hook up the winch then hop off thighten the winch up hook up the saftey chain then pull half way up the ramp and pull the drain plug out and it all the water drain out. If you have two people it should be under a minute to load or unload the boat.

Tip: With 2 people... when you back it in stop right when you see the back of the boat starting to float (When the back of the boats floating thats about where you want the trailer for loading it). Now you can unhook the winch back up just a bit and it will float right off. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back