Toolkit/parts to keep on boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBoss

Recently got ahold of a 96 speedster, trying to put together a list for a kit of tools and spare parts to keep with the boat to try and fix any minor issues I might run into on any day on the water. I’ve come across one off suggestions in other topics, but couldn’t find one that tried compiling things into more of a list, I tried searching...

So far I’ve got:
-spare spark plugs
-spark plug socket and wrench
-carbon seal rebuild kit, I’ve read is doable on shore with minimal tools? Haven’t had to tackle this one yet...
-small battery jumper? I know that straight jumping can fry the MPEM, but I plan on installing 2 battery switches on the positive cables. Is it okay to try charge with the switches off? I just don’t wanna be caught with a dead battery
-extra 2 stroke oil
-pair of hose pinchers for water lines
-???

Anyone have suggestions? Or are any of these things not really needed?

I know this is a bit of an in-depth thread, so thanks in advance for taking the time

I recently bought my first 99 speedster this past February, I always bring a socket set and a hard copy of the shop manual just incase. Not sure if our air boxes are same but have a 5mm 1/4in drive hex bit socket makes it a dream to take off the air boxes/flam arrestor in order to get to the carbs.

Good day,

Also putting together tools for new boat (to me) - I added spare fuses as there were none in the spare fuse holder, electrical tape, 1/2" socket, o-ring clamps and a wheel bearing kit for the trailer. Certainly interested in what other folks take - recognizing we don't want 100lbs in tools in the boat either.

Definitely agree with fuses. Blew the mpem supply fuse on a ride earlier in July. Ending a night ride 5 minutes in sucks.

Socket set , fuses (7.5, 5, 10, 3, 15) , crescent wrench , allens , screwdriver , electrical tape , rags. Bought a small portable jump starter when I had charging issue/bad ground , extra plug, extra spark plugs, few extra hose clamps for fuel/oil lines, coat hanger for cleaning weeds out of impellar.

Everything already stated and add zip ties. Nice and light, don't take up any room and have 1,000,001 uses.
A multitool is handy also.

Hose pinch off tool, (I carry 2) 6 in 1 multi screwdriver, 8 and 10mm open end wrench, 13 and 15mm open end wrench, 7" channel locks, brass brush for cleaning plugs. Plug wrench spare set o' plugs.

Paulatthetub, what do you use a 1/2" socket for? Isn't the boat metric?

FlyboyX you are right there, when the exhaust manifold bolts all came out I used the 1/2" socket to put the one bolt I could find back in. At that point I was just trying to get back to shore and never actually tightened it up enough to see it slip. Will definitely switch over.

FYI that stuff has all been repaired nicely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back