Took me 4hours to get home in limp mode! Remove pump?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdftw1

Took me 4hours to get home revs loud goes slow! Remove pump?

I was in the ocean and there was a bit of wood debris in a certain area. Heard a lil pop noise and after that the engine would still rev loud but I could only go 6 km/h - 9km/h

Made it home in about 4hours :) went under to check the intake grate area, Nothing.

Checked the back prop Nothing

What now remove the pump and look inside there? I just want to know before I go through the massive effort of removing the jet pump

Dealer is backed up in the middle of summer I have pics of both

20170711_203815.jpg

back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The stick fell out when you took it out of the water. Put it back in and will probably be fine. Sometimes a stick will get suspended under the intake grate, not really stuck but just held there and will cause major cavitation. If you reach or swim under many times you can clear it easily and quickly.

mkov608: I can't turn the driveshaft while underneath but apparently I shouldn't be able to cause that would turn the engine over as well?

skidoo: I appreciate this knowledge I was getting hopeless about jetskiing in my ocean, we have lots of forests nearby and small wood debris occur in tight areas

It is VERY common for the debris to fall out when the ski is pulled. Re-launch he ski and see if the issue is still there.

The reason most ask to see if you can spin the shaft is, the splines can get wiped out. So if you could have spun it, then it would have shown there is an issue..

Grateful to have this knowledge...I am taking it to the launch now guys lets see what happens! :)

took it for a test launch and it still does it.. seems to take off fast...and max out at 8-9 km/h and the motor just revs louder but does not go faster I dont know what to do next :(

reverse works everything works just makes a loud rev when i try to go faster

Sorry to hear about your incident. Last week same issue on the lake took 1 hr to get to shore but got the wood particle out. blades are chewed up. Wonder if the blades are repairable or needs replacement? Ski runs fine.

woody.jpg

Update: I have just had a mechanic take apart the entire jet system and he says there is absolutely nothing wrong. He is in such disbelief that we are going to launch in an hour so I can show him lol. So far I suspect bearings but I am sure he checked that

Is it possible the driveshaft splines are worn from debris? Does the engine rev high when it's maxing out at 8-9 km/h? If it revs high, it may be cavitating. I'm curious what the dealer determined. Keep us posted!

So after he re assembled the jet he noticed that it sounds different when he revs it, We took it on the water and it worked great...I was out for 3hours yesterday jetskiing and it works as new. Strange situation but removing the jet and putting it back together again was the solution! He found no debris or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back