Tongue jack help 2001 Seadoo Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

I just had to get another trailer. I think I need about a 12" drop tongue jack. I don't want to have to crank it 100 times to get it to raise an inch (lol)
Not sure I need a wheel on the front. I like the jack to swivel but it's not mandatory. Can someone provide me with some suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
My jack is of the pivoting style. Makes it much easier. Once you get the trailer on the ball, you need to crank like 5 times to get the weight off the jack. Once you do, pull the spring loaded pin and pivot the jack.

I do have a wheel in my jack. But I use a trailer mover whenever I move the skis. Takes the load off the jack and is MUCH easier on you.

Yep, what he said. Mine is a pivoting type... and the base is welded (part of) the trailer. But since you don't have the OEM trailer... post a picture, and we can help better.

As far as a wheel on the jack... it's really not needed. It's a big heavy boat, and it's not like you are going to push it around. (I use my tractor or RZR to move it) Personally... if I was changing my jack... I'd just put one on with a foot. That way, the trailer won't accidentally roll when parked. (won't have to bring chocks when I go camping)

Here is the jack I use.

134.jpg

And here is the push dolly I use.

135.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back