Title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to buy a used ski and the current owner doesn't have the title in his name.... still in the first owners name..... but said he can get a bill of sale from first owner.....my first thought was to ran far away from the deal? What's yall thoughts.....????

He needs to go get a title in his name. He is just trying to avoid paying the tax that he has to pay. A bill of sale will do nothing for you and you can't get a title for it. You have to have a title with your name as the buyer on it. At least this is how it is in Ohio and Florida.

He needs to go get a title in his name. He is just trying to avoid paying the tax that he has to pay. A bill of sale will do nothing for you and you can't get a title for it. You have to have a title with your name as the buyer on it. At least this is how it is in Ohio and Florida.

I know......i told him i pass.. to many red flags

I'm fairly certain in NYS we don't do TITLES on Jet skis....jetskis are REGISTERED through the State DMV (which is equivalent to ownership) and the Registration is "transferable".

So, when buying USED...always KNOW your State laws first....if someone is selling something and they make it HARD....run away.....if it feels fishy (use your Spidey senses)-> it usually is. Not worth the hassle.

I'm fairly certain in NYS we don't do TITLES on Jet skis....jetskis are REGISTERED through the State DMV (which is equivalent to ownership) and the Registration is "transferable".

So, when buying USED...always KNOW your State laws first....if someone is selling something and they make it HARD....run away.....if it feels fishy (use your Spidey senses)-> it usually is. Not worth the hassle.

Yes he was making it way harder then it had to be.....a day before i was supposed to go look at it....i told him i am gonna pass.. but Thanks........ hour or so later he marked it as sold..... real fishy imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back