Throw flotation Device onboard?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tresvatos1

I took a boaters safety course this weekend and one of the requirements is that
the boat has a throw cushion, or ring if it is 16ft or longer.

Does sea doo have this cushion implemented somewhere in the front seat?

My front seat backrest has straps on it, but doesn't really seem like a floatation device.

where would be the best place to put this if I need to get one? Thanks

I have one of those square seat cushion type floats. It has 2 black straps on it. I'll probably cram it inside the storage space in the very front of my speedster. I dont want to be moving it around every time I open my larger storage spaces, ie rear hatch or floor ski storage area.

We also use a square throw cushion, but it's not tied to anything like its supposed to be. We normally use it to sit on at the drivers seat to be just a bit higher and see a bit better. The speedster isn't 16' though,, so we technically don't need it.

Yeah my 1999 Speedster is 16' 8" and the regs. say the float device has to be within arms reach of the driver.

thats correct. here in florida, we must have one within reach of the captains chair. It is a Type IV Floatation device. and like mentioned above, i sit on it to get a better view over my windshield in the utopia.

Sitting on it works best. I have the samt square throw device with the two arm straps. Got stopped by the local lake constables on Lake Conroe, TX last weekend and I had it in the rear of my Utopia 205 ski compartmant......they did not like that!:stupid: Said it had to be in arms reach at all times. They can be picked up pretty cheap at Academy or Wally world.

'08 Challenger Cushion

My '08 Challenger has a floatation cushion on the rear middle seat. It's within arms length of the captain's chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back