Throttle up and no go...?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
With bad fuel you can get corrosion or varnish. Just some carb cleaner and some que tips. Most of the things I see here have to do with the Gray fuel lines and deterioration due to alcohol in the fuel. If you have black fuel lines you are probably ok. If your fuel filter was really clean then you might put off trying to clean the valve until you fix the other stuff.

The center of the fuel selector knob pops out and there is a screw underneath. Pull off the knob then take off the nut then the valve will push back into the hull. Pull it out by the fuel lines.

To put it back in the fuel lines are stiff enough to push it around until the valve shaft pops through the hole behind the driver's knee. Probably a two person job and a pair of needle nose pliers to grab it when gets close enough.

The fuel selectors are not recommended to be cleaned. Just get a new one, they are inexpensive and great insurance for peace of mind.

Sooooo.... what do I need now... or is this normal? Well nm cant attach the file apparently. Long story short, after getting the tool... I did the wear ring but when I grab the impeller and hold the housing I can pull it in and out a little bit (best way to describe it, I dunno). So how much play if any should there be?

Well put the pump back on after doing the wear ring. Finally got a chance to take it out to test yesterday. First time I ever had to get towed back to the dock. Luckily a good man had his grandkids on a tube behind his pontoon and came to the rescue.
After launching and throttleing up the boat still wouldn't go very fast. I could hammer the throttle from 0 to full throttle and it would rev up to 7000 and not stall out BUT it still won't pick up much speed. I kind of putted around a bit and got a little further from the dock than I should've aparently. Then it started to kind of stutter a couple time like it was gona stall out while idling so i gave it a little more throttle and putted around for a few second again. Did this a few times. The next time it did that I just let it stall out. Then tried to start it and it wouldnt start. It tried but no start. Tried probably 10 times and let it rest. Then it just wouldnt reslly try as if the batter was dead (wasnt though other electronics worked) so decided to look in the hull and there was a very concerning amount of water in there and got me worried fast. Bilge pump decided to not work again all the sudden too which made things worse. Brother in law came for the test with me so he flagged the good samaritan down while I was pulling the plugs to see if it was flooded or what I might be able to try. It started and stalled as we were getting the tow rope in order but wpuldnt start again. When I got back home (40+ minite drive) the motor was hydrolocked when trying to start. It wasn't pure fuel. It did smell like fuel n was a little dar like fuel/oil mix but not overwhelming fuel smell. This told me I assume it has water in the motor now(am I wrong?). So. Am I right assuming when I picked up that junk on the shaft that caused me to replace the wear ring that I must've damaged the carbin seal also? Is this the only way for me to all the sudden have this much water coming on board? I dont know much about these boat but am learning(partially by choice partially forced). What do I do/need to do now?

I was alittle defeated amd don't think I'll be getting this thing lake ready this season now so did the wifes brakes today instead of looking at the boat. But I do need to figure out a path to start working on it or figuring it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back