Thoughts on Benol

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ocod

Thoughts on Benol 2 Stroke Oil

Hello,

Compared to the quicksilver brand used at 40:1 to pre mix now which I smoke really bad at idle now??

Am I going to smoke more if I use lets say 3 over 2 or if I'm going to smoke anyways use #2 ??
I rather have that smell insted..

The TC-W3 according to site only says its for the low ash and for warranty work which doesn't apply anymore.

http://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KL-306_Quart&cat=6

Pure synthetic lubricant. Extremely high load carrying capacity for reduced engine wear. Clean Burn™, No-Smoke Technology eliminates carbon and residue build-up. Use of this lubricant provides certified warranty compliance and protection. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO-EGD, TC-W3, TC-W2, TC-W and API TC low ash specifications for certified warranty compliance. Not alcohol compatible

or #2 Not clean burn(smokes more???)

http://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC-175_Pint&cat=6

BeNOL®, the ultimate in 2-stroke lubricant when it comes to both protection and performance, is the choice of serious racers. Degummed and extra fortified for maximum reliability. BeNOL® provides twice the level of film strength and load carrying capacity of conventional castor oils. Blends with methanol alcohol and gasoline

or #3 Clean burn

http://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KL-100_Quart&cat=6

Pure synthetic bases are blended with 20% BeNOL® Racing Castor Oil. Provides engines the Clean Burn™ quality of Klotz® synthetic lubricants along with the exceptional film strength of castor oil. Degummed castor oil reduces ring groove deposits and protects engines in high RPM and extreme heat applications. Blends with methanol alcohol and gasoline

or #4 No castor oil and Clean burn

http://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KL-104_Quart&cat=6

R 50® synthetic lubricant was developed exclusively for use in Hi-RPM racing engines. TechniPlate® R 50® racing lubricity system protects engines from extreme heat and virtually eliminates engine wear. R 50® film strength is comparable to castor oil, but has the benefits of Clean Burn™ technology.
Not alcohol compatible

Hope to get a thought good or bad.
Threads usually don't go anywhere :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol...give it some time. You first posted at nearly midnight, and now it's just the morning. Let some people get off work and check out the topic.

Lol...give it some time. You first posted at nearly midnight, and now it's just the morning. Let some people get off work and check out the topic.

haha your right in giving it time.
I fiqured 20+ people saw thread and no one commented.
I'll just sit back and have a beer

:cheers:

I dont think you are going to get many replies cuz not many people have used it or heard of it. I admit I had to go look it up. Looks like it runs about 44 bucks a gallon. so it is about the same as XPS or quicksilver. so my question is why would you want to use it? I think I would stick to what people here have proven to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think you are going to get many replies cuz not many people have used it or heard of it. I admit I had to go look it up. Looks like it runs about 44 bucks a gallon. so it is about the same as XPS or quicksilver. so my question is why would you want to use it? I think I would stick to what people here have proven to work.

The castor oil since its made from bean oil gives a sweet smell in the exhuast smoke.
It says it have good properties in finding the hot spots and maintaing good lubrication.
My concern was they have a non-syntheic formula #2 and a syntheic blend #3. The #2 in not clean burn(?) and the #3 is??
Also, the whole TC-3W thing

Good luck finding an answer. I still think I would go with what we know works rather then what "they" claim.

I called and spoke to someone and they confirmed that castor oil not good additive for the rotax motor.
He did rec another one that doesn't have castor and exceeds TC requirement.

Just ended up using quicksilver that I get at walmart.

Thanks

Back