Thermostats locations / possible running hot?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabadiesel

Hello all, I keep getting a waring buzzard as soon as I start the boat, I hit a switch on dash with orange light and buzzard stops. The book says its a low fuel warning so I chock it up to that since I never hear it again unless I Truro motor off and recrank.

On the hose in the driveway I do not get the warning? I have looked around at the motor to see anything unusual but all looks good. I do though seem that one side, (left if facing back of the boat) of the motor seems much hotter to the touch than the other, a lot hotter. I don't get a good feeling about this and wonder if I have a thermostat problem
How would I check and is this something I can do in my driveway?

Thanks for any comments

On the 240 engine... there isn't any thermostats.

Also... most people don't have enough water pressure, on their garden hose, to keep the sportjet engine cool. Basically... where the water comes into the engine... most of it will go out the pump, and not into the engine.

And finally... there isn't a switch to get rid of a serious problem. (like over temp, or low oil)

I agree about the switch, I have no idea why slam shuts off after hitting the switch. In previous post many had mentioned low fuel warning so I keep telling myself its that, but I guess since I can't get confirmation, I am always looking for a problem. The boat runs amazing! The only hiccup I have experienced is once again, on the hose it idled really low for a few seconds then slowly idled back up to normal?

Thanks for the help, looks like we are going to run around in it today, let you know how it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back