The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 787s are more reliable? I love the X4 its just I have never ridden one when there are a bunch of waves and such. So I'm kinda worried not keeping up to my wife on the Yamaha when we are on the big lake.

Crazy talk. The 96XP is the answer to all the world's problems. Don't let her ride it or you will be stuck on the boring yamiturd.

I agree with Matt. My wife won't give up her 96 XP for anything. Plus for some reason her 96 XP kicks my 98 SPX's arss all over the place. That will be short lived as my XP is just about complete and ready to be the dominant X4 in the family blahaahhahh!!!

OK! Thanks for the input guys! Another question. Do any of you have aftermarket carbs/filter. If so do you like them or would you go back to stock?

Heck of a ride with [MENTION=73220]1of500[/MENTION] GoPro uploading
39.jpg

40.jpg

It was nice to get in a few long rides this weekend. Rob also burned me a new key which was awesome. Thanks!

It's already tough to back down there is a curve from the lot. But ppl were sitting in the way getting coolers out of their boats for 20 mins

Lol just like the ramp at the river by me. All the people floating down the river in tubes getting hammered and then hop out to get picked up at the ramp. Mean while all their chit is lining the ramp which has about a foot on either side. So you're basically threading a 70' needle. Now, you're supposed to pay to use the ramp. I don't and won't until the tubers pay to use the ramp to exit the river.

It's already tough to back down there is a curve from the lot. But ppl were sitting in the way getting coolers out of their boats for 20 mins

Major cluster f***
At least we know Robs ski will idle for a good 25 minutes lol. It was getting DARK so I really couldn't just go rip around. I had to idle around in the no wake zone. We must have seen 10 DNR and sheriff boats on our last ride

If engine is stock go back to stock airbox and flame arrestor, you will enjoy ski more and it will run better. Set carbs to factory settings. Closed high speed needles, and low speed needles 1 turn out from closed.

Rob

OK! Thanks for the input guys! Another question. Do any of you have aftermarket carbs/filter. If so do you like them or would you go back to stock?

Nice pickup, i just got a late 90s yami this weekend that is in great condition but has low compression on one cylinder.

As for what to buy and what to keep, sell the yami and get another 96' XP :) Dont sell that XP, its clean.

As for your height, im the same, 6'6". I ride the 96' XP X4 platform as well. I found that the aftermarket steering you have helps alot with our legs and allowing room to sit closer to steering rather than on back of ski, also found that trim tabs or pump extension help a ton with porpoising. I also have a Jettrim 4" raised seat. That helps our knees a ton, and its more comfortable sitting higher on the ski, allows for better control.

Regarding your top speed and RPMs, make sure your trim is set in the middle or so. If it is all the way up or down that will restrict top speed.

Rob

hey guys,
I need some advice. So I've never own seadoos, but I have ridden a few, so I decided to buy some. The guy I work with had 2 skis in his pole barn in storage for the past 4 years for his brother and wanted them sold. One is a 2004 Yamaha 800XLT and the other is a 1996 Seadoo XP. The guy I work with said he would make sure they were running good before I bought them so he fixed them for me with my help. He installed a new starter, coil, battery, fuel lines, rebuilt the carbs, new vts and boot, new plugs, and new exhaust gasket. We took the skis out the other day and they seem to run fine. The weird thing was that when I was riding my top speed on the gauge was around 40 but I was keeping up to the Yamaha. So I guess I'm not sure if the speedo is off or if something else could be off. The seadoo takes off QUICK. But the main reason I need advice is because I'm assuming with all those repairs done there is going to be more in the near future. I could sell the ski for 1800 in my market and get a 1999 seadoo xl limited. What would be your advice? Keep the 96 or get rid of it before I spend on my money on it and get the 99? I'm 6'6 so I like the 99 especially because it is less tipsy on the big lakes but I LOVE how quick and nimble the 96 is. Advice please? Sorry if I am jacking this thread, I'm new to this site too.
Thanks!
View attachment 36143

Working away on mine. I'm hoping to have it up to my spec by the end of the month. All 3 of my rec boats need some love, hopefully they'll make it down to Lake Powell in running order for labor day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back