The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
255.jpg

Damn, can't believe it's another X 95

Alright fellow XP800 gear heads...how far should the rave valve red dials be turned below flush?...water box valve too? I'm looking for factory specs. My ski can run at about 4100 rpm before the "hit" and any less than 4700 and it falls off the powerband. I presume that's when the rave valves lower.

He has a hard jetted system and does not run a water regulator.

I start my red caps flush before any tuning starts.

I tried the Concord 15/23 today with stock (86/96) and 85/88 nozzles. Feels pretty strong with the 85/88s, I might run this combo for a while. I didn't get to GPS at all, it was too choppy for any good readings (its always friggin choppy here). Felt pretty quick on the buoy course though and also when blasting in a straight line. Stock nozzles had a stronger initial punch from idle, but pinning it from ~1/4 throttle pulls a lot stronger with the 85/88s through mid and top end. Feels pretty noticeably better in the chop vs the straight blades on the stocker and XO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advice please :)

hey guys,
I need some advice. So I've never own seadoos, but I have ridden a few, so I decided to buy some. The guy I work with had 2 skis in his pole barn in storage for the past 4 years for his brother and wanted them sold. One is a 2004 Yamaha 800XLT and the other is a 1996 Seadoo XP. The guy I work with said he would make sure they were running good before I bought them so he fixed them for me with my help. He installed a new starter, coil, battery, fuel lines, rebuilt the carbs, new vts and boot, new plugs, and new exhaust gasket. We took the skis out the other day and they seem to run fine. The weird thing was that when I was riding my top speed on the gauge was around 40 but I was keeping up to the Yamaha. So I guess I'm not sure if the speedo is off or if something else could be off. The seadoo takes off QUICK. But the main reason I need advice is because I'm assuming with all those repairs done there is going to be more in the near future. I could sell the ski for 1800 in my market and get a 1999 seadoo xl limited. What would be your advice? Keep the 96 or get rid of it before I spend on my money on it and get the 99? I'm 6'6 so I like the 99 especially because it is less tipsy on the big lakes but I LOVE how quick and nimble the 96 is. Advice please? Sorry if I am jacking this thread, I'm new to this site too.
Thanks!
Seadoo xp.JPG

Well, those speedometers are always off. Check the speed with a GPS. Should be around 55mph or so. As for the XPL, it's a whole different animal. It has a different, and arguably worse engine. It is bigger, heavier and handles entirely different. I'd ride one first and see which you like more (if possible). The only plus is that it looks better (IMO). I want to some day put a 4tec into one :)

stick-boy, I see it has a UMI steering on it, any other after market parts on it? Where are you located in Michigan? I'm in the Kalamazoo area.

critracer, I'm in Grand Rapids. It has stainless impeller, K&N air filter, steering, I believe there was something else but I'm not sure.

Grand Rapids, that explains the Team Butch sticker on the back of the ski. It would be nice to get a bunch of X4 riders in Michigan together to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back