The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up an interesting one last night..
314.jpg
315.jpg

That's an odd one for sure! What's your plans for it?

Yup sure is. They recovered it with a shitty cover and it didn't last. Foam looks to be in good shape though! Turns out it's a painted 95 XP800. Hull is still pink in pump area and has 787 mounts. The 657X looks to have come from a 3 seater. I've got the entire ski in a box it looks like. I'm going to test compression on the motor and of its good I'm going to throw it into a 95 XP hull I have laying around
349.jpg
350.jpg

Did you get a title with it? Guys are having luck with paint remover so you might be able to bring it back. Those 95 hulls are 20-30 lbs lighter then a 96XP hull.

Yup sure is. They recovered it with a shitty cover and it didn't last. Foam looks to be in good shape though! Turns out it's a painted 95 XP800. Hull is still pink in pump area and has 787 mounts. The 657X looks to have come from a 3 seater. I've got the entire ski in a box it looks like. I'm going to test compression on the motor and of its good I'm going to throw it into a 95 XP hull I have laying around
349.jpg
350.jpg

Glad to see you are tearing into it. I wouldn't mind the hood if you decide to part it out. Keep us in the loop!

The hood is about the only thing I'm going to keep. I basically paid for the beater trailer and i had to take everything on it and around it haha.

I didn't realize the 95 hull was that much lighter. Where's the weight reduction at?

This hull will most likely just become clutter so I'd be willing to give it to someone who wants to restore it

The hood is about the only thing I'm going to keep. I basically paid for the beater trailer and i had to take everything on it and around it haha.

I didn't realize the 95 hull was that much lighter. Where's the weight reduction at?

This hull will most likely just become clutter so I'd be willing to give it to someone who wants to restore it
I may be interested in the hull if you think the paint will come off and has a title. Need a project for next winter.

The top deck is thinner on the 95 limiteds. It was made from different glass. Compare it to a 96 with a flash light, noticeably different.

The top deck is thinner on the 95 limiteds. It was made from different glass. Compare it to a 96 with a flash light, noticeably different.
Interesting. Good to know, thanks.

Surprisingly, it did come with a title and registration. I'll trade you the hull for a tank of gas in your new ski in May haha

Interesting. Good to know, thanks.

Surprisingly, it did come with a title and registration. I'll trade you the hull for a tank of gas in your new ski in May haha
Haha, deal! I spent the entire weekend on it to try and make some good progress. I'll likely have to go into Charlotte Thurs night to pick the wife up at the airport so she only has to miss 1 day of work so could even pick it up.

Whiskey, how's the 95 XP coming along? [emoji16]

I may throw a 657x in it for the time being. I've got quite a few other skis to sell off before the fun can really begin on it :cheers:

Hopefully you can make it to the May SDF ride, even if its only for a day!

does anyone have a couple of steering cable ends or VTS ends that they can send me?

I need two of them for a friend and I've looked everywhere in my assorted goodies and coming up blank

376.jpg

image.jpg

Well I know this is going to make me a hated man, but I went ahead and painted my seat. I know this may not be popular but it turned out great! It looks even better than I thought I would. This SEM paint is great stuff. Will it last? I don't know, but if it doesn't I can always throw a cover on it. Apologies to those who wanted me to keep it original, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

Ill put my flame suit on now... Lol.

349.jpg
350.jpg

They glassed in 720 mounts? On a 95 xp800? And painted it?

WTF is wrong with people

View attachment 34537

Well I know this is going to make me a hated man, but I went ahead and painted my seat. I know this may not be popular but it turned out great! It looks even better than I thought I would. This SEM paint is great stuff. Will it last? I don't know, but if it doesn't I can always throw a cover on it. Apologies to those who wanted me to keep it original, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

You are dead to me. Wtf lol

Lol. The original cover was beyond repair. It now looks 100% better so i can't apologize for that. I've seen people who used this paint and it still looks great after years of use. And this can cost me $15 so I really have nothing to lose. If it starts to look like crap I will throw a jettrim cover on.

View attachment 34537

Eh, if you like it that way good for you.

I think the black turned out well, but it wouldn't have been my choice.

Keep us updated on how it holds up.

Lol. The original cover was beyond repair. It now looks 100% better so i can't apologize for that. I've seen people who used this paint and it still looks great after years of use. And this can cost me $15 so I really have nothing to lose. If it starts to look like crap I will throw a jettrim cover on.

Looking better is debatable.....

It's a hump seat, and you painted it.....

You could at least do it justice and get a jet trim cover

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have just wrapped a towel around it you will need one on that hot black seat

I actually like the hot seat lol. Feels good when getting out of the chilly water. Had a black seat cover on my old seat and that was one of the things I liked about it. Granted, we haven't really had any scorching Summers the past few years, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back