The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peek A Boo

Found this when I was going to replace the wear ring. It broke a vain, pulled a brass pump off my parts 94 xp an put it on. Did the 98 Spx come stock with a plastic pump?

20150703_095517_zpsmtuotgah.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also noticed this sticker in the hull with the date of 10/23/97 which happens to be my birthday. I though that was pretty bad ass.

20150702_201627_zpsxschabmm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150707_225809_zpsdhsdln00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jesus. And he used a hundred just to show you he's loaded lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

In my experience it is the people who don't feel the need to show pictures of a 100$ bills that are actually loaded.

Cool collection of toys that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol that was kind of the point of my post. My sarcasm doesn't translate well through text haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, still new here but was given a ski a few months ago. It has bone stock with grey lines and all.
Rebuilt carbs, new wear ring, rd nozzle, tab extensions, ladder because the misses loves to ride it. AGM battery, tow valve, new fuel float,fuel valve and check valves, redid all the injection pump hoses, hydro turf, new decals and painted the top cover, grips and steering cover, sponsons too. Got all of my parts on here, thanks everyone. Still need a intake grate though as our lake is pretty rough sometimes.
Still want to do a seat cover but the stock one is excellent condition. Probably wait till winter for that. Previous owner never had it in the sun unless it was in water. The fuel pump side of the carbs was worn out and would do nothing more than idle really, they got fed up with it so they gave it to me. Didnt realize the x4 was sought after till I joined here.

Attachments

• 20150709_185221.jpg
    20150709_185221.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20150718_150929.jpg
    20150718_150929.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20150718_150937.jpg
    20150718_150937.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20150718_150959.jpg
    20150718_150959.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks sweet! Personally the sponsons do it for me.

If you are replacing that seat cover, carefully take it off and let me have it, please.

Yea I was going to spend almost 300 for the worx ones and then I found racerxxx post about his. They are super nice. Rode it this morning, thing turns like a gokart

You guys are killing me with all these deals you are finding. People up here want $1400 for a non running 97 XP. 2K for a 96 with trailer, but no title for trailer. :banghead:

Seeing same sort of thing with the GTX's, they are $1500 plus non running..

Hey everyone, I'm new here and to the PWC world. I read the first 10 pages or so of this thread and probably around the last five for a more updated opinion on these. :)

Anyway, there's a '95 717 near me for sale that I'm interested in. Claimed to be in good working order. I know it doesn't have the oomph an 800 has, but it sounds like people still say it's a fun quick ride.

My main concern is it considered a lower maintenance vehicle compared to others. I'm not scared of doing a few things here and there, but I don't want to work on it every weekend I take it out.

Second thing, if it is reasonably reliable, what would be a fair price for a '95 xp with trailer? I know prices vary by region, but any advice here would be appreciated.

Actually any advice would appreciated so TIA!

Do a comp test and get a water test if at all possible. You want to make sure it is operating at the proper RPM while on the water and the acceleration is linear and smooth without cavitation. Also, this is the best way to ensure there isn't an exhaust leak. Make sure the fuel lines are updated and check the pipe for rust and or welded spots. Inspect the pump cavity and impeller leading and trailing edges for signs of ingestion. Is all electrical equipment in proper working order. i.e. The trim system and gauges.

Do you have any pictures?

Do a comp test and get a water test if at all possible. You want to make sure it is operating at the proper RPM while on the water and the acceleration is linear and smooth without cavitation. Also, this is the best way to ensure there isn't an exhaust leak. Make sure the fuel lines are updated and check the pipe for rust and or welded spots. Inspect the pump cavity and impeller leading and trailing edges for signs of ingestion. Is all electrical equipment in proper working order. i.e. The trim system and gauges.

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks for the quick reply and advice. I've already asked about things like title and a water test. It sounds like that would be possible. Everything I've read has said to get a ride on water before buying so I've decided I won't buy one otherwise.

The ad states that it has a new rebuilt engine (crank, pistons, gaskets, carbs cleaned, gray lines replaced) with less than 20 hours on it. Says pump and impeller are in good shape. VTS is supposed to work.
xp1_zpsoff7brbo.jpg
xp2_zpsrpthmzkl.jpg

Okay.. Ride it and if it runs well it's all about price. What's he offering? Are you okay with sharing?

Okay.. Ride it and if it runs well it's all about price. What's he offering? Are you okay with sharing?
Sharing with you? I dunno man, smells like you haven't showered for a week. haha Sure of course. I'll be going to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri for the most part (if I get her).

He's asking $1200 for ski and trailer. He will separate the 2, but I need them both.

lol.. 3 days.

Region dependent on the price. For a 95 XP 720 I personally wouldn't go over $1,000 (and that's for cherry) seeing as you can find the significantly better 96 XP in good condition for that price. Again, all dependent on where you are located.

Where exactly are you located?

The 720's didn't have the annoying RAVE valves. They are a pain in the ass if they're worn out, and cost $500 to replace (You must use OEM or they'll wear out in a season). I had a hell of a time with mine before I finally bit the bullet and bought OEM ones. Regardless of the ski, you will want to periodically check the rubber hose that comes off the back side (opposite of carbs) of the engine. I had mine get clogged with sand, and didn't notice it for years. I believe it was what cooked my engine.

As part of your check, if you get a chance to do a water test, warm it up, let it sit for 5 min, and try to start it again in the water. It should start right up. If not, you may have a rotary valve issue (or they used the wrong seal during rebuild).

Also in the water, check that your carbon seal (driveshaft through-hull) is not dripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back