The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent from my Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370547578257.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370547578257.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370547598283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370547598283.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370547617943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370547617943.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370547636627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370547636627.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 65
Any x-4 guys want to help me out?

I am looking for a small amount (scraps) of traction mat to guard my ankles against the side of the footwells while jumping waves. Anyone have some to sell?

I currently have black tip mats but need something for the inside of the footwell.

Edit:

This is what I am taking about (sort of)

80.jpg

You can buy sheets in a variety of sizes from both black tip and hydro-turf and just cut to desired size. they are reasonable in price also.

Those pictured above on the inside are called lifter wedges from Hydro Turf. They have thinner ribbed stick on pieces also.

The wedges will rub a raw spot on your ankle if it is not protected with a race boot. At least it did on my ski. I went on one ride with them installed and then removed them.

That deal may be good but this one is a must buy.

Completely custom with no expense spared. I gaurentee you will get alot of looks and not see another like it.

6.jpg

Any x-4 guys want to help me out?

I am looking for a small amount (scraps) of traction mat to guard my ankles against the side of the footwells while jumping waves. Anyone have some to sell?

I currently have black tip mats but need something for the inside of the footwell.

Edit:

This is what I am taking about (sort of)

80.jpg

83.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any cons to getting rid of the water regulator on the waterbox and going to a hard jet. I'm assuming some of you saw my post about my regulator coming apart over the weekend. I would like to just get rid of it once and for all. It was messed up when I got it and the good used one I replaced it with only lasted 1 season.

Are there any cons to getting rid of the water regulator on the waterbox and going to a hard jet. I'm assuming some of you saw my post about my regulator coming apart over the weekend. I would like to just get rid of it once and for all. It was messed up when I got it and the good used one I replaced it with only lasted 1 season.

the main "con" is that you need to add a water filter ( I use an oil filter, works fine) and periodically check the waterbox jet, which takes all of about 30 seconds... checking it is easy, finding it when you drop it is hard (ask me how I know this). if the jet clogs you'll overheat the box.

Finally got a chance to take the ski out today to make sure everything was working fine after I fixed the charging system. Ran great and I started off the ride with 12.66v on the battery and when I got home it read 12.94v! Now I don't have to worry about having the ski die on me at the lake. Lake Lanier beat me up but it was well worth it. I plan on replacing my wear ring and getting a solas scoop intake grate.

12 gallon tank installation

New 12 gallon tank and a new gti baffle, to replace the x4 9 gallon tank.

100.jpg

Installed

502.jpg

Rj used hoses we had from part outs to loop the hoses around the tank and made sure to have the hoses on an downward pitch, the pitch is important if it doesnt have a nice flow the fuel will back out the fill tube.

216.jpg

217.jpg

I had a 97 gsi that had no cavitation and I was pulling the pump so I thought I would throw a new wear ring in it. Put a sbt in it and right away I noticed the gap was larger than the old one I took out. First time I hit the water I had the worst cavatation I have ever had. I tried to be cheap and will never again be cheap on a wear ring.

I see a noticeable difference in quality in the OEM wear rings. The cheap ones are $35 delivered but I drive to the dealer in the neighboring town to pay $60 most of the time these days.

Skewba- They have instructions for hard jetting in the 96 racing handbook. LMK if you need that.

I had a 97 gsi that had no cavitation and I was pulling the pump so I thought I would throw a new wear ring in it. Put a sbt in it and right away I noticed the gap was larger than the old one I took out. First time I hit the water I had the worst cavatation I have ever had. I tried to be cheap and will never again be cheap on a wear ring.

Ok thanks guys for the suggestions ill be sure to get an oem one from the local dealer.

Well I decided it was time to strip the the ol' XP down and buff it out..

After buffing and new grips

Single gauge hood is being painted hopefully will be done in the next few weeks. All I have left is to install my new seat cover, mats and get another offical Cult graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back