The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No PP is better imo. Both strip things clean but Purple Power is a squeaky clean. The Super still has a greasy film feel to it that I don't like.

I clean everything but the outside of the hull, the crank and the cb with Purple Power.

Since everyone loves Super Clean... 5 gallons of awesome. I had no idea this was a thing!

43.jpg

That's too much $$$$, even Advance auto has it for $11.99 a gallon....Best price is Wally World (WalMart) for usually $8.99 a gallon. Last time I bought 2 when on sale for $7.99 a gallon.....I love this stuff....cleans anything.

***EDIT**** OH wait....I just noticed it was 5 gallons .....I was thinking 4 gallons for $55. ..DUH

Thanks for the info on the Super Clean and PP. I recently got a 95 XP 720 and plan to clean it up over the winter.

I think purple power cleans better too, but it will suck all the moisture out of your hands if you get it on you. Many times cleaning small parts by hand my hands end up peeling layers of skin for the next week if I'm not wearing gloves.

I've noticed a lot of crazing and spider cracking in the paint of my x4, I was considering painting it anyway, fancy a change of colour.
What's you guys thought on painting over the original paint.. do I need to sand back all off the Jel coat back past the grazing to paint and would the crazing come back threw?

If the gel is cracked you have to go past that or repair it before you lay down fresh color. 90% of the paint work is in the prep work.

It's going to be a lot of work either way then, it's a 1999 Spx. I mainly ride surf so I suppose that's probably causing the grazing.

Pics of the grazing, you need to zoom in on them to see properly.
IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/ebc1189da8a4847ea4c511ce4be45b58.jpg[/IMG]
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

I see ankle breakers

that's my ski. I have since made quite a few changes but I am still several weekends of tinkering away from finishing it. I need some input on how to cut hydroturf for the sides of the footwell. My previous attempt with poster board templates did not succeed!

that's my ski. I have since made quite a few changes but I am still several weekends of tinkering away from finishing it. I need some input on how to cut hydroturf for the sides of the footwell. My previous attempt with poster board templates did not succeed!
Cutting it is a bitch. Make a template cit it out just bigger than you need. I used an exacto knife. Coarse grit sand paper will clean up the edges.

Poster board sounds too thin. Try using cardboard. Now that I think about it, throwing away the sticker backing to the black-tip mats was a mistake. I could have made more mats from HT stock using them as templates... maybe see if anyone is getting new HT and ask them to send you the templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back