The Sea-Doo PWC Poppy Cover Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Yes, their ebay page has recent feedback.. you can still buy you cover there. There are links in the very first post of this thread.

We purchased two Poppy covers for our GTX's and the initial quality and fit is very nice. I do feel that the material is a bit thin, so we'll see how they hold up under the dock.

Another positive for Poppy, it has officially outlasted my OEM Seadoo cover installed at the same time.
And the Seadoo cover with the stupid mesh vents that flood the foot trays, the Poppy is dry.

5 years old post but anyway, I haven't found anything to keep water totally out of any thing including boats etc. for the ski I find jack up the nose high enough to let the water roll out the back of the ski.

My cover has held up well. I have washed it warm, gentle cycle, a couple times. No dryer, of course. Oxy clean does a good job removing stains. I recoated it with Scotchgard for outdoor fabrics. It looks great.

I have a Seadoo OEM cover that I bought in 1996 for our 1996 GTX. The cover has spent much of its life under cover, so it is in very good condition except for a little color fading and the black elastic cord has lost its elasticity.

I contacted Terri at Poppy Covers since the Commercial Sewing website indicated that she was the Seadoo dealer. I asked if she could tell me the size and type of elastic cord needed. I had zero expectations that a rubber item would be covered on a quarter century old cover - I just wanted to know what to buy.

Terri, realizing that my cover had been made by Commercial Sewing and not by Poppy Covers, said she would forward my mailing info to Commercial Sewing and that they would be sending out new elastic cord. What the heck? What company in their right mind replaces 25 year old rubber goods for free?

I thought that I would probably have to follow up with Commercial Sewing at some point to check up on the status of my promised elastic cord. Imagine my surprise and delight when the package from Commercial Sewing showed up today!

One odd thing is that the packing slip said 15 feet of cord was in the package. I’m thinking to myself that there is no way in hell that 15 feet of cord is going to be enough. I measure the actual length, and Commercial Sewing had actually sent me a 35 foot length of cord. Outstanding!

Kudos to Commercial Sewing for going way above and beyond any reasonable expectations. And thanks to Poppy Covers for doing all of the legwork for me.

My cover has held up well. I have washed it warm, gentle cycle, a couple times. No dryer, of course. Oxy clean does a good job removing stains. I recoated it with Scotchgard for outdoor fabrics. It looks great.
Im going to try this today. Thanks

Hello. First timer.
I have a 2001 GTI. The OEM cover on it is literally disintegrating now.
I am in Canada, and am wanting to find as close to OEM as possible. Something that can be trailerable and also be outside throughout the winter.
Is this Poppy a good way to go or are there other suggestions?
I have considered just getting a local place to do a custom one, but thought I would shop around first. Just too many to choose from.

Hello. First timer.
I have a 2001 GTI. The OEM cover on it is literally disintegrating now.
I am in Canada, and am wanting to find as close to OEM as possible. Something that can be trailerable and also be outside throughout the winter.
Is this Poppy a good way to go or are there other suggestions?
I have considered just getting a local place to do a custom one, but thought I would shop around first. Just too many to choose from.
Poppy won't be close to OEM. You can see what it looks like in the pictures--very different but snazzy.

That said, it will be high quality and awesome. Highly recommended.

I bought a cover a couple months ago and it was fantastic. Drove through a heavy rainstorm and it was dry under the cover when I arrived. Extremely happy with the cover, although the cover hikes a bit up the side of the pwc on the highway, even with the elastic tight.

On the maiden trip, we had a minor car accident and it tore a gash in the cover. I called Terry to see if I could pay to have it repaired, and she said while the factory doesn't do repairs, she could send me some material for a patch. I asked how much and she said she'd send it for free. I was shocked. Poppy really goes above and beyond, and I'd highly recommend them for anyone needing a cover.

Back