Synthetic injection oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

laxexquis

Hello,

I have a 2002 GTX RFI (60 hours), I'm running low and oil and it is time to buy more.

I haven't used the thing in a while and the last oil I remeber putting in was simple 2 stroke oil I bought at Stewarts in a pinch.

Now that the time has come to get more oil, I read the manual and it tells me that for the the GTX RFI I need "XP-S Synthetic Injection Oil,"

My question is:

is the fact that I put non-sythetic oil in deadly to the ski?

Also, if I do buy the synthetic will it be ok to put in and be in the same tank as as the leftover non-synthetic?

Is the synthetic really important?

Thanks for your help,

John

also:

is it okay to use a injection oil not made by bombarbier, just high quality (no Stewarts oil) and synthetic, if so, any common brands to recomend me?

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
NEVER MIX 2-STROKE OILS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seadoo engines need API-TC oils. you can use whatever you want, as long as it meets that requirement. BUT... it's not easy to find, and it's likely that you put in a TC-w3 oil. It's not instant death... but it's not good in the long term.

If you mix back the proper oil... they are known to react, and turn into goo, and it WILL plug your oil injection system. (that can kill the engine)

I would completely drain, and clean the oil system, and then fill it with a known oil.

I know it sounds harsh... but it's better than spending $1000 to replace an engine.

NEVER MIX 2-STROKE OILS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seadoo engines need API-TC oils. you can use whatever you want, as long as it meets that requirement. BUT... it's not easy to find, and it's likely that you put in a TC-w3 oil. It's not instant death... but it's not good in the long term.

If you mix back the proper oil... they are known to react, and turn into goo, and it WILL plug your oil injection system. (that can kill the engine)

I would completely drain, and clean the oil system, and then fill it with a known oil.

I know it sounds harsh... but it's better than spending $1000 to replace an engine.

Oh no!

I will get on draining it right now!

As far as getting the right oil, do I have to simply look for API-TC oil, or does it have to be synthetic API-TC? I noticed the GTX RFI required synthetic as to where the others didn't need synthetic.

thank you for your help!

If you drain it, now is a good time to switch to Mystic oil. MUCH cheaper than Seadoo XP-S, and up to par on the specs for our engines.

I can get it at Academy sports and outdoors. If you don't have them, you could probably buy it online.

I just paid $80 for the last (LAST!) gallon of XP-S. When I buy again, it will be this Mystic oil that I can get for $17 per gallon!!!

Here is what it looks like. I have seen black and white bottles, they appear to be the same thing, and all lettering and verbiage on labels is identical.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmmm. I just looked at the back close-up picture...they are manufactured in houston. I should look into where they are and buy in bulk and resell to all of you guys!!!:cheers:

If you drain it, now is a good time to switch to Mystic oil. MUCH cheaper than Seadoo XP-S, and up to par on the specs for our engines.

I can get it at Academy sports and outdoors. If you don't have them, you could probably buy it online.

I just paid $80 for the last (LAST!) gallon of XP-S. When I buy again, it will be this Mystic oil that I can get for $17 per gallon!!!

Here is what it looks like. I have seen black and white bottles, they appear to be the same thing, and all lettering and verbiage on labels is identical.

266.jpg

266.jpg

Thanks, I'll look out for it!

John

Drain it from the tank by hooking up a wet or dry vac to it. Either in suck mode into the vac (messy to clean up) or blow mode into some other container. Or light compressed air, maybe 20 psi.

It is a big circular system, so unhook hose coming out of bottom of engine and put in the container, blow into other hose.

Drain it from the tank by hooking up a wet or dry vac to it. Either in suck mode into the vac (messy to clean up) or blow mode into some other container. Or light compressed air, maybe 20 psi.

It is a big circular system, so unhook hose coming out of bottom of engine and put in the container, blow into other hose.

sounds good thanks,

any suggestion on what hose I should disconnect for it?

John

Okay, I have drained and replaced with BRP XPS synthetic. Thanks for all your help. I disconnected both lines coming from the oil tank and drained. The one thing that worries me is if there was any left over old oil in the engine or just on the sides of the hoses, you think it's something to worry about?

Otherwise this is my only worry:

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=30778

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back