Sucked up a Rock :( ( SeaDoo HX '95)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Posyden

Ok, so my wife was riding on the river and sucked up a rock. It gets worse! The rock was lodged between the impeller blades and ripped into the wear ring. She then rode the jetski back down the river going about 4mph at full throttle. I know that was a bad move on her part, but it is done and I think it is important in the diagnosis process.

Since then I have removed the rocks by removing the whole housing unit in the back. Scraped away most of the excess plastic and re-attached the housing. Then I went to the river to run it in the water.

As I got on it she started right up. As i pushed offshore and gave it some throttle it started shaking really bad, so I let off a bit and it was fine. Then I gave it some throttle and same thing. I immedietly got off and walked it back in. I felt the engine and whatever is in the back (a long cylinder looking thing) and it was really hot. It seemed to be ok as far as pushing water out the back, but I am at a loss. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

So..... Does anybody have any clue where I should start?

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo forum.

Probably the best thing to do is to go ahead and remove the pump. Most likely the impeller if beat up, you might need a new wear ring, or the drive shaft could be bent. Take some pictures so we can better tell what happened.

If you don't have one download a manual for your ski, you can get one from this site if you join as a premium member. Or you can just google it.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back