Storage Tips/Ideas from Anyone?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamajama

Just purchased 2008 GTX and am trying to figure out a way to organize the "tub" storage compartment as it's just a big bucket. Kind of useless for any organization. I've tried to locate sealed tubs to put inside but can't seem to find either the correct size (need about a 12x12 inch square tote at least for the bottom of the tub and 99% of totes are rectangular so no go) or a some "system" of organization for the stuff I want to keep from banging around.

So I thought I'd throw it out there to the Forum as I'm sure a lot of you have some great ideas or solutions.

Kind of dumb on Seadoo's part to do it this way having just a big tub. Ideal for a life jacket I suppose but otherwise fairly useless. Must be just tying to increase capacity for advertising purposes.....My 2002 and 2004 have a removable storage tote with strapping and shelves etc. Didn't really think a newer machine would be backwards....

Hi Chris,

Thanks! Yeah - this is the same tray I have in the 04 and 02 exactly - and they are obviously made for the 04 and 02 and your 05 too I guess (at least) to fit snugly at the top of the storage area.

This won't work in a 08 set-up. It's just a large tub with nothing to support a tray like you had or I have...I'm surprised there is no after-market or even a BRP add-on (for $$$ of course..)

It's such a waste of space design-wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2015 RXT-X has the same watertight bin and no lining in the front of the hull the 2016's have the lining and a shallower watertight bin. I put the safety kit, and dock fenders under the bin anyways and they seem to stay put.

I'm shocked that they stay put, given what I've seen on your videos...:thumbsup:

I'm just trying to organize some smaller stuff so they don't bounce around etc. What I'll probably have to do is get some smaller totes
for the bottom of this tub and live with it. Seems odd though that BRP preferred the tub concept vs what we have in older machines.

I had this in my 05 GTX, anchor, ropes, tool kit, safety kit etc underneath in the big storage area then easy access stuff, docking ropes, lunch, water bottle, dry box etc in the storage tray.

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Doo-269501478-Storage-Tray/dp/B001KML9D4

Well this is embarrassing.....I grabbed the 04 tote after looking at your link and the dimensions and tried it in the 08...and it fits perfect. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Man I've been looking around off and on all week trying to find a suitable size tote....I'll sell the 04 without the tote and problem solved.

Thanks for the suggestion and well, really, the solution. I don't know why I had blinders on about the size. Probably when I took the tub out it looked so massive I just assumed...and you know where that
gets one....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back