2021 Fish Pro Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlone

We've had our 2021 Fish Pro for about a month and have run into these problems. I've talked to both service and sales at our dealer and we of course will be bringing the Fish Pro in for service at a later date. Meanwhile, we are wondering if others have seen the same and if there are known solutions to any of these problems.

1. Fish Pro is listing to the port side. I noticed this problem immediately with my new Fish Pro. This can be easily felt when driving as it forces you to lean and ride on your right cheek to compensate. At first I thought this problem was due to the swell in the big lake but eventually a very calm day came and I anchored just off the beach. Very disturbing to see that the boat was visibly listing to the port side. It looks to me from the water line that it's most of an inch different from port to starboard. Suffice to say it is very clearly visible and it is not related to the cargo we have in the storage bin / on board.
  2. Steering linkage isn't properly configured. My steering handles are tilted between 5 and 10 degrees to the left when driving the Fish Pro straight. This too makes driving the Fish Pro uncomfortable. At first I thought this may be related to the listing problem (1) above but if anything I would think the steering would need to be biased right / starboard to compensate for the boat listing to the left. Also, it's difficult to imagine that the steering linkage would be related to the boat listing at anchor.
  3. Garmin Fish Finder connectors are not secure. Two weeks after purchasing the Fish Pro the Garmin started giving us errors saying that the transducer cable was not connected. This went on for a week and then I checked the fixed mounted female electrical plugs that the face plate clips into. They were quite loose. Basically, when I went to plug the face plate in, it is pushing the female plugs backwards rather than making a good connection with the face plate. I was able to reach behind the mounting plate and hold the plugs in place while attaching the face plate and the transducer error went away.
Thank you for your responses.

We've had our 2021 Fish Pro for about a month and have run into these problems. I've talked to both service and sales at our dealer and we of course will be bringing the Fish Pro in for service at a later date. Meanwhile, we are wondering if others have seen the same and if there are known solutions to any of these problems.

1. Fish Pro is listing to the port side. I noticed this problem immediately with my new Fish Pro. This can be easily felt when driving as it forces you to lean and ride on your right cheek to compensate. At first I thought this problem was due to the swell in the big lake but eventually a very calm day came and I anchored just off the beach. Very disturbing to see that the boat was visibly listing to the port side. It looks to me from the water line that it's most of an inch different from port to starboard. Suffice to say it is very clearly visible and it is not related to the cargo we have in the storage bin / on board.
  2. Steering linkage isn't properly configured. My steering handles are tilted between 5 and 10 degrees to the left when driving the Fish Pro straight. This too makes driving the Fish Pro uncomfortable. At first I thought this may be related to the listing problem (1) above but if anything I would think the steering would need to be biased right / starboard to compensate for the boat listing to the left. Also, it's difficult to imagine that the steering linkage would be related to the boat listing at anchor.
  3. Garmin Fish Finder connectors are not secure. Two weeks after purchasing the Fish Pro the Garmin started giving us errors saying that the transducer cable was not connected. This went on for a week and then I checked the fixed mounted female electrical plugs that the face plate clips into. They were quite loose. Basically, when I went to plug the face plate in, it is pushing the female plugs backwards rather than making a good connection with the face plate. I was able to reach behind the mounting plate and hold the plugs in place while attaching the face plate and the transducer error went away.
Hi there I got my fish pro yesterday and took it out today for its first ride. Exact same issue at 30 km/h if I hold my steering straight it will do a 360 to the right if I wait long enough. Or i have too compensate 15 degrees left to go straight. I also feel more comfortable turning right. Turning left feel like role left or like a strange crab walk. Whatever it is turning port feels strange. Will call the dealer tomorrow and take it back . My old 2007 seadoo 155 wake dint do this and could go straight.

Put a board on the jet opening and look straight down and see if you can tell if it parallel when the steering is centered.

Put a board on the jet opening and look straight down and see if you can tell if it parallel when the steering is centered.
Thanks all. An update I found the solution 2 screws on the front cover of the fish pro then a plastic lock clip on the steering wheel cable . Pull it towards you , to the front of the ski. Then you can turn a big plastic nut left or right. This will turn the static position of the jet pump. The idea is to tune the nut until the jet pump is straight. If your ski pulls right the standing Infront of the ski turn the nut left or counter clockwise. If your ski pulls left turn the plastic nut clockwise or right. Here is also a video I found

Thanks all. An update I found the solution 2 screws on the front cover of the fish pro then a plastic lock clip on the steering wheel cable . Pull it towards you , to the front of the ski. Then you can turn a big plastic nut left or right. This will turn the static position of the jet pump. The idea is to tune the nut until the jet pump is straight. If your ski pulls right the standing Infront of the ski turn the nut left or counter clockwise. If your ski pulls left turn the plastic nut clockwise or right. Here is also a video I found
Definitely glad you put this together... good info.

We’re u ever able to find out why when it’s just sitting on a mooring it leans to the left while looking at it from the back?

We’re u ever able to find out why when it’s just sitting on a mooring it leans to the left while looking at it from the back?
Mine does this as well. It was built mid July and I bought it Aug. 31st. 2021 When tied at the dock it does have a slight lean to its true left. My steering was way off. I had to hold it left to go straight. I finally got t adjusted dead on straight. It sill leans left when under way but not as bad as before I calibrated the steering. Ive been reading up about sponsons. Im thinking that since the aftermarket ones are adjustable the left one can be set a little lower than the right…….maybe this can compensate the left lean when cruising around the lakes.
If anyone here has good knowledge and experience with sponsons I hope they chime in !

Do you own a 2018 or newer Sea Doo with the LinQ ski pylon attachment? I have contacted BRP inc. (Sea Doo) management and board members to approve an additional accessory and investment of adding a seat post and swivel seat to the ski pylon. Would you like to have this accessory and option of the ski pylon as a seat pedestal and swivel seat?

Also does anyone have the 2022 Sea Doo Fish Pro Trophy with the new swivel seat? Sea Doo must have understood that without a swivel seat, with the wave or current action spinning the ski around it could make it hard to cast for fish.

Great to have a swivel seat accessary even if not just for fishing and seems clear that they spent much time on R&D and money on remanufacturing the body shell and seat for the pedestal attachment points.

I haven’t been able to inspect the new Trophy swivel seat, so would be interested to get owners opinions, it looks like there is a key type attachment insert of the pedestal to the body shell of the ski, and a round fit of the pedestal to the seat. I have a question if these types of attachments might have some looseness or play in them? If there is not solid attachments to the pedestal and seat the motion of the water can make this looseness or play even more irritating or annoying? What do you think? Would you like to have the option of an accessory that uses the ski pylon as a swiveling seat pedestal on this Fish Pro Trophy so that 2 people could use this at the same time?

Do you own a 2018 or newer Sea Doo with the LinQ ski pylon attachment? I have contacted BRP inc. (Sea Doo) management and board members to approve an additional accessory and investment of adding a seat post and swivel seat to the ski pylon. Would you like to have this accessory and option of the ski pylon as a seat pedestal and swivel seat?

Also does anyone have the 2022 Sea Doo Fish Pro Trophy with the new swivel seat? Sea Doo must have understood that without a swivel seat, with the wave or current action spinning the ski around it could make it hard to cast for fish.

Great to have a swivel seat accessary even if not just for fishing and seems clear that they spent much time on R&D and money on remanufacturing the body shell and seat for the pedestal attachment points.

I haven’t been able to inspect the new Trophy swivel seat, so would be interested to get owners opinions, it looks like there is a key type attachment insert of the pedestal to the body shell of the ski, and a round fit of the pedestal to the seat. I have a question if these types of attachments might have some looseness or play in them? If there is not solid attachments to the pedestal and seat the motion of the water can make this looseness or play even more irritating or annoying? What do you think? Would you like to have the option of an accessory that uses the ski pylon as a swiveling seat pedestal on this Fish Pro Trophy so that 2 people could use this at the same time?

Good questions, however I just purchase a 2022 FishPro Trophy in NZ and although all marketing shows the swivel seat as standard, Sea-Doo NZ say the swivel seat is not an option for NZ. Was disappointed as I do lake & sea fishing so would have liked to use the swivel seat when Fresh Water fishing. Any ideas why NZ has swivel seat and pylon excluded, yet I am told I can order as an extra?

I have corresponded with others from Australia and NZ to about contacting Sea Doo to invest in the patent # 63/210,644 I have filled that adapts and modifies the Sea Doo LinQ ski Pylon to provide a swiveling seat post and seat, and have sent requests to invest in the transfer of ownership and assignment of this patent to BRP Group Inc. which would then allow this new accessory to be shipped and sold to dealers in other countries. It might help if enough people contacted Sea Doo to ask them if they would make this investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back