Still not charging. 2006 3d di 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BADEN420

So. . I thought I had my charging problem fixed and when I took the ski out, the alarm came back, then the battery died and I had to get it towed back in. I tried a bunch of different rectifiers including used oem, aftermarket, and new oem. I had good ac voltage coming from my stator but I was not getting good dc voltage from the rectifier. I started thinking that it was the stator because I had tried 2 used oem rectifiers. To be sure I ordered a cheap aftermarket rectifier and I had good voltage coming out of it. I took the ski out and as soon as I got out of the long no wake zone the alarm came back on for low battery and eventually the battery died. I then got a new oem retifier. When I tested that one, I had no dc voltage. I put the aftermarket rectifier back in and it read 14 volts but that's the same one that stranded me. Someone told me the aftermarket rectifiers will run at a higher input voltage and I might have another problem. So I just replaced the stator and now I'm only getting 3 or 4 volts out of any of the rectifiers. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks. I tested battery with an for electronic load tester and I know it's good. Also I'm only getting 3 or 4 volts dc on the load side of the rectifier. Does anyone know what else goes bad other than the stator and rectifier?

Did you check the fuse on the MPEM? What voltage do you have across the battery, and again when running at 3000 RPM?

The fuses are all good. The battery is at about 12.75 and drops down to 12.4 with the ski running. When I had the old stator in, I was getting over 14 volts on the battery with the aftermarket rectifier only. I thought my problem was fixed but when I used the ski, I got an alarm, I'm assuming for low voltage and the battery eventually died. I'm wondering if it could be a grounding problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back