Stickers on the buttons are gone!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norb

Hello again,

All my stickers are gone from my buttons so I wonder if someone is sitting on the symbols that I could print out my own or is it possible to order the sympols as stickers without buying new buttons? :cool:

You have to replace the switches. They are made by a company called Carling and run like 30 bucks each. I opted for using a label maker to make my own labels.

You have to replace the switches. They are made by a company called Carling and run like 30 bucks each. I opted for using a label maker to make my own labels.

To buy new buttons each 30 bucks sounds crazy, Ive seen other speedsters 200 with the same issue, the company Carling should have made a better job!

Anyone have a picture of all the buttons? if I cant find the symbols I will photoshop my own, I just need to see how they look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the same model as you, so I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. Here's what I have on my Challenger.
web.jpg

And on the left side…
web.jpg

Timhood: Not sure if its the same, I cant tell as the symbols were never there when I got my boat.

Can anyone confirm or help me get picture of the speedster 200 buttons?

Ill make it easy for you.

Left Side............................................. Right Side

Left Switch..........Right Switch.............. 1st from Left ..........2nd..............3rd............4th
Vent Fan.............Bilge Pump................ Light .....................Courtesy.......Horn......... Stereo
......................................................................................Lights

Last edited by a moderator:
23>24, how does that symbol look like?
And also 21-22?

I think Tims symbols does not match non of those two, looking from the blueprint in the link?

On tim's, i think the bottom right green one is the symbol for the bilge pump which is 21-22. Then the other switch is for the lights.

I got to thinking about this more and I remembered that you can replace the front covers on the switch. I had even contacted a company a while back that custom makes them. They have a tool you can buy for a few bucks that pops the covers off and the new ones pop on. It is just hard to find them all in a set that match.

Here is a link to some of them.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/catego...pplies-switches-pre-marked-switch-plates.html

Foster: Only button Im not so sure how the symbol looks like is 23>24, I dont think tim has this symbol on his buttons, can anyone help out?

About the buttons, that is a way to do it, but I will make new stickers, will cost me not much, I will show u guys the results for sure.

OK, now that I got my brain thinking again I went and checked my old emails. The switches are called Carling Contura. You need new Contura II Covers. I even found a company that has them and will custom print the symbols. Problem is that you need to buy them in quantity. Probably more than a single person would ever need. But they are very economical at like $1.50 each. We need to get a huge group of people to commit to ordering them and maybe we could get something going. Here is a link to them.

http://order.waytekwire.com/product... Soft/Carling Contura Rocker Switch/Switches/

I am not sure which lights that button controls, so im not sure which pic would be appropriate.

So the question is, in the partsfinder for 21-22 it says LIGHT SWITCH ASS'Y and in the symbol page it says MASTER LIGHT SWITCH, wonder if thats the same symbol?

Geee does no one realy have a speedster 200 to take a picture? hmm...

Blowing up the parts diagram and comparing it to that list, i dont see any that match. It's your boat, make it whatever you want. What lights does it control? Just use one of the light buttons you like. Usually there is one for interior lights and then one for the front bow light, which is sometimes called the navigation light.

Blowing up the parts diagram and comparing it to that list, i dont see any that match. It's your boat, make it whatever you want. What lights does it control? Just use one of the light buttons you like. Usually there is one for interior lights and then one for the front bow light, which is sometimes called the navigation light.

Well most of the lights match, but as said I would like to have the original look so thats why Im trying to get someone to take a picture for me so I can photoshop and print out the symbols, but I guess no one wants to do it :(

Just gotta wait till someone with the same boat comes across this thread. it is the middle of the day here and most people are working. i have the luxury of sitting on here while i work.

i have the luxury of sitting on here while i work.

You make me sick :puke: ... Just joking Foster, I've got lots of buddies in Firehalls and Boiler Engineers in Prisons. I always give them a hard time because they take their pillows and DVD's to work. Just razzin' yah! In all honesty several hours of my work week are spent on the forum too ... :reddevil:

You make me sick :puke: ... Just joking Foster, I've got lots of buddies in Firehalls and Boiler Engineers in Prisons. I always give them a hard time because they take their pillows and DVD's to work. Just razzin' yah! In all honesty several hours of my work week are spent on the forum too ... :reddevil:

If it makes ya feel any better, i did just wake up from a nap at work. :lols:

My labels are all faded off. I figure that if I need something to work (a light or a bilge pump, I will press until it goes on. I know the blower and starters on the left side by heart now, and the far right is the horn, so the rest is not that important anyway...

If it makes ya feel any better, i did just wake up from a nap at work. :lols:

Let me guess your IT guys is mad at you for downloading movies ... and your excuse was you forgot your DVD's in the truck ... ballin' :lols:

My labels are all faded off. I figure that if I need something to work (a light or a bilge pump, I will press until it goes on. I know the blower and starters on the left side by heart now, and the far right is the horn, so the rest is not that important anyway...

Yep what he said ... but that picture closer to the top that has the icons/decals ... that you could use ... good post!

Just to clarify…on my cluster, starting from the top row, the first (left) switch is for the exhaust fan, the second is obviously the horn. On the bottom row, from the left are navigation lights, anchor light (that's the pole you attach at the rear) and the bilge pump. The one you aren't sure about is your anchor light. From a parts diagram (I looked at a different one that is slightly bigger/better), it looks like it shows to symbols/icons, but I can't see how both of those would fit on the small switch area and still be easily read. If you don't get someone to actually attach a pic of it, I would go with what I have. It would make sense that Sea-Doo would re-use parts as much as possible across models.

if I cant find the symbols I will photoshop my own, I just need to see how they look.

Hi Norb -- I don't have the same boat so can't really help, but if you elect to create your own please share your graphics! The printing on these buttons seems to have a lifespan of 4 years, regardless which boat you have...

Dave

I noticed that the Carling catalogue linked above is a pdf, including vector graphics for each switch label. Cross-referencing that with the parts diagram, again helpfully linked by RFoster, made it pretty easy to isolate which switch graphic goes where.

From left to right, the diagram shows ventilation and bilge to the left of the wheel, and lights, courtesy light, horn and stereo to the right.

I zoomed and clipped each applicable image from the catalogue and attach them here for purposes of decal-printing. I didn't retain their vector properties but zoomed them as much as I could to get the best rez.

If anyone on the thread can print white-on-clear vinyl decals please pipe up -- there might be significant demand for these labels.

switch_graphics.png

Dave

Attachments

• seadoo_speedster200_switches.zip
    133.2 KB · Views: 18
I noticed that the Carling catalogue linked above is a pdf, including vector graphics for each switch label. Cross-referencing that with the parts diagram, again helpfully linked by RFoster, made it pretty easy to isolate which switch graphic goes where.

From left to right, the diagram shows ventilation and bilge to the left of the wheel, and lights, courtesy light, horn and stereo to the right.

I zoomed and clipped each applicable image from the catalogue and attach them here for purposes of decal-printing. I didn't retain their vector properties but zoomed them as much as I could to get the best rez.

If anyone on the thread can print white-on-clear vinyl decals please pipe up -- there might be significant demand for these labels.

View attachment 9441

Dave

Thanks man! I think you got it right, I will get the symbols done next week, will update with the results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back