Stereo remote swap for gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rocket

A couple of weeks ago I swapped the entire stock stereo system adding a Sony head unit (Bluetooth capable) 4- 6.5" JL Audio MX Series speakers, 1- 10" JL Audio sub, and a JL Audio M600/6 amp all powered by an auxiliary battery.

Being that I now have a different head unit I cannot use the Jensen remote located on the drivers side so I was thinking of swapping it out for something useful like a fuel or boost gauge. I do long runs in the boat (100+ miles at a time) and a real time fuel gauge would be ideal.

Has anyone here something like this?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgYes I have done this mod, the Jensen remote on 2011 models is 52mm. These Vado gauges fitted really well.

I do long runs in the boat (100+ miles at a time) and a real time fuel gauge would be ideal.
I have been into the fuel sender on the 2006 challenger. The signal goes directly to the fuel gauge (can't be shared) or to the computer. I tried looking for a fuel metering device and could not find a reasonable priced one (ebay yes with ebay variability). In my previous boat I installed a NEMA sender and lowrance multifunction unit. I found I was burning 12 GPH at 10 MPH which gave me the incentive to buy my challenger.

Maybe a depth finder for that hole?

I think all SE models Xintersecty mentions have the depth gauge built into the gui display?

Your thoughts are correct Mooch. I like the voltage meter you have installed and since I run a dual set up that would probably be the smartest thing to install but what would be cool is a boost gauge :driving:

Thanks for your input regarding the fuel meter Xintersecty....your foot work saved me a lot of time and possible headaches.

Why not install the Sony helm remote there? They are very handy as you always need to mute out when underway when trying to talk to passengers.

I have looked into that as well and found a decent Sony remote. I just wanted something cool to look at but like you said a remote would be of more use than trying to have my passenger play dj :cuss:

Why not install the Sony helm remote there? They are very handy as you always need to mute out when underway when trying to talk to passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back