S200 upgrades

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

svtjoe98

Hey guys, I purchased this S200 a couple of months ago. I had a red one years ago and after many other boats, I wanted to get another one. I had a Merc powered Challenger X that was a blast, but I love the reliability of the Na 4-Tec.

Here’s the before and after. Lots of wet sanding. Lots of Rockford. I installed it all and had a blast doing it. Lots of wet sanding with random orbital and then rotary polished with wool pad and presta super cut. I could still use another Passover with medium cut and polish..I’m just excited to enjoy it.

6-Rockford 8”s.
1- Rockford Punch 12”
Rockford PMX-5 head unit with small Rockford marine remote (mounting a battery gauge above controls where ICS switch was)
Dedicated 110ah AGM battery for stereo.
Rockford T-800 Power amp for the mains.
Rockford Punch 300 for Sub.
Zero Gauge wires from AGM battery.

That bimini top was available for $100 from a ebay dealer in Florida. It works great (universal fit).

IMG_8362.JPGIMG_8363.JPGIMG_8367.JPGIMG_8495.JPGIMG_8473.JPGIMG_9343.JPGIMG_9346.JPGIMG_9315.JPGIMG_9118.JPG

WOW! The upholstery looks awesome the gel coat cleaned up very well! Nice work, are you going to put any stickers back on it?

Thanks guys! I may just redo the front stickers on the bow locker as they are a little worn. I kinda like the clean look without them. Here are some pics of the oxidized gel coat. It’s pretty cool to see just how durable gel coat is.

I had Keith at seadooupholstery.com do the seats. He does incredible work.

IMG_8974.JPG
IMG_9312.JPG

Thanks guys! I may just redo the front stickers on the bow locker as they are a little worn. I kinda like the clean look without them. Here are some pics of the oxidized gel coat. It’s pretty cool to see just how durable gel coat is.

I had Keith at seadooupholstery.com do the seats. He does incredible work.

View attachment 35130
View attachment 35131

WOW, that looks great!! I had no idea gel coat could be restored to that level. I like the clean look as well.

Awesome job!! I love custom stereo installs and that looks top notch. For the front locker lid, just add the hydroturf strips on it. When I had the 200 and bought the turf kit, it came with 2 pieces i couldnt figure out where they went, and that was the extra option.

What was your process in wet sanding the gel coat. What grit papers did you use? 1,000, then 1,500, then 2,000? I really need to do the same to my S200.

What was your process in wet sanding the gel coat. What grit papers did you use? 1,000, then 1,500, then 2,000? I really need to do the same to my S200.

Really depends on how bad your gelcoat is. It's always best to remove as little material as possible. How chalky is your gel? A good compound, polish, and sealer may do the trick. Best to test an area and see what works and start with the least aggressive materials first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back