Steaming Seadoo 93 587

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bills86e

Premium Member
Premium Member
One of the two pissers, the one from the head blows steam when I ride
the ski hard. Then the beeeeee-ing. I shut her down. The water from exhaust gets Super hot. I can run staight at wot and no overheat. Just
does it when doing spins, slides, jumping, or air time. Are the tuned pipe
on a 93 big enough? The hard riding does produce slight cavitation, but
I don't let it reach the rev limit. Do I new to jump to a 720 pipe?

I would be flushing out the block to make sure it isnt full of sand. I jump and fool around all the time on my machine without problems. Sounds like there could be a restriction somewhere.

Just an Idea.

Steaming

I am going to change out the tuned pipe to a newer cone style pipe. I
have flushed & flushed forward & backward with no apparent restriction
I have a '95 SPI pipe that measures about 1/2" in diameter larger OS dia.
Am air chucking both, and sound seems same. Long Muffler will change from the old style to a short style to fit same location. I have the exhaust manifold also, but they appear the same IS orifices/opening. The block
both flushes tru & air chucks tru both directions as restriction clear. Pipe
hose to pump is clear. Head hose to rear exhaust restrictor is clear.

Have you checked the water inlets on the pump itself to see if there is a clog?

run some muriatic acid thru the system, then chase with hose. That'll clear that b**** up...:reddevil:

Took all the calcium/corrosion off/in my motors, when had it apart.

All three are clear.

That seems to be an odd situation. Have you pulled off some hoses to check the condition of the inside of the hose?

The Acid might work but would it eat some other parts that you might not want cleaned?

That seems to be an odd situation. Have you pulled off some hoses to check the condition of the inside of the hose?

The Acid might work but would it eat some other parts that you might not want cleaned?

had motor all tore apart, and when sprayed, it looked like bomb went off, smoke everywhere, and all the "calcium" sh**, bubbleed up and turned black. Went got hose, washed down, and walah...looked f-in perfect.

Steaming Seadoo 93 587

After installing a newer '95 SPI 587 pipe that is 1/2" bigger Dia. Took her
to the lake and SAME! After reading posts, noone else who had this problem
ever posted a fix.
I FOUND IT!!! The restrictor! After removeing the hose, I tried to push
various sizes in there. 3/16 was snug but fit, 1/4" caught and cut, pulled out
sandy material, Drilled it with 9/32 and out came TAR. It must have held the sand and caused a Super Restriction. Thank Y'all for your ideas!

9/32" Drill Did the Trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back