RESTO Stator running hot!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utopia1330

Changed my stator after no spark, turns on with no issues but noticed a drop melted glue coming from the stator under the fly wheel. What would make the stator run so hot? I replaced the rectifier, could it be bad? Starboard block hot as well while running on the hose for about 4-5 minutes!!! Help please, I’m getting closer to totally fixing and enjoying the boat.

I mentioned this scenario to our marine/boat mechanic,,,he thinks you have too many things on the go for that particular stator,,,it’s not a cooling./overheating of the motor issue…do you have a lot of extras on the go…they a
ciuld be drawing too much current?…if yes,,the solution is an extra dedicated battery for the extras,,,that you would put on trickle charge when not in use.

I mentioned this scenario to our marine/boat mechanic,,,he thinks you have too many things on the go for that particular stator,,,it’s not a cooling./overheating of the motor issue…do you have a lot of extras on the go…they a
ciuld be drawing too much current?…if yes,,the solution is an extra dedicated battery for the extras,,,that you would put on trickle charge when not in use.

I do have a sound system pulling 30 amps but when running it the system was not on. I’m currently adding a deep cycle battery to run that and my accessories. I did notice the rectifier with a 25 amp fuse and I’m thinking my rectifier is only 20 amps don’t know if that will be an issue, just throwing things that I noticed out there to pinpoint the issue. Everything else is stock. This is the 3rd stator I replaced due to it burning out. I checked all grounds and cleaned them out, I’m lost on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back