Starting to Change My Mind

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikec1231

I was bitten by a 150 Speedster a few weeks ago while on vacation in Florida. Thank God that I have taken a few pay cuts this year or I would have bought an '08 the day I got back in town.
I have since been reading everything I can get my hands on and about every thread on this forum. It is a great site! Thanks
I have seen some new '08 150's w/ 155hp for as low as ~$13.500. But after reading a bunch of posts on increasing HP and tuning, if I were to buy a used boat, would I be better off trying to find a later model with the Rotex engine or is the Merc as good. I am thinking that getting a good used boat for "cheap" and then in the off season start to work it up to crank out some more HP. I have built a street rod so I have the mechanical ability, I just know nothing about boat motors, especially Rotex.

my thought..

not try'n to stir anything up, so, this is my opinion...have had 2-14.5ft boats, along with now, 2-18ft boats. WOULD NOT go back to little boat. Even when i had the 14.5, giv'n, where you ride, along with, who your taxing...its real cramped, the boat, under little bad water condition, gets somewhat nutty, especially, if you got youngster onboard, scared the s*** out of my daughter and nephew. With me and wife, wasnt bad, go air'n off waves, cut across wakes..etc.
Since acquire'n the 18fts'...cant go fast enuf for daughter, way safer, rips thru the wakes/waves, that the 14ft would've done a back-flip, more power/speed/people on board.
So, this is my OPINION, and not to be offensive to the 14ft owners..:cheers:

10-4 on that man, I have the 18' and believe it or not, at times, with a full size cooler, tackle box, etc.. it can be crowded for even 2 people. Without any BS 4 people are pretty comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back