Start/Stop issues in a 2011 GTI SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Tate

I am new to owning a SeaDoo jet ski and my third time out on it i had an issue with it.. I noticed if i hit the start/stop button with the killswitch key in it would start so i would just leave it in.. well yesterday i left the key in and started it and the engine light came on along with the iBR light.. and the jetski would not go into neutral or reverse as long as it was started.. I pulled it out of the water and took the key out.. and hit the start stop button and everything would light up then everything would cut off after 3 seconds... i waited about 10 minutes and hit the start stop button without the key and it asked for the key.. then it double beeped and started just fine.

^^ I've used this last process to start the jet ski 4 times in a row since then and it's always started fine.. was that just a fluke incident or should i take it in to the mechanic and have it looked at??

You don't leave the key on when you are not running the ski. It will run your battery down. Always pull the key off after you stop the engine. The ecu probably saw low voltage after you left the key on and that caused the ibr issue if I had to guess.

Yep. Unfit is not running, pull the lanyard.

Do NOT charge the battery with the lanyard on as it will give the MPEM power an can easily damage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back