starboard rpm gauge doesnt work?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkey23

hey guys....i have a 98 challenger with twin 85's and they both run fine....but the rpms on the starboard engine dont read on the gauge...would it be the gauge or the sensor?...if its the sensor...where is it on the engine?...what can i check?..thanks for your help

Rpm....

The rpm gage gets it's reading from the MPEM (multipurpose electronic module). The revolutions of the engine can be picked up at the ignition coil if you have to substitute another gage.

In the forum, you'll see the majority of us refer to our boats/pwc's by engine cc's, not horsepower. So, your Challenger would be the 1998 model with twin 717's (85 horsepower)...........:cheers:

rpm

thanks for the reply....so do you think it would be the gauge?do you know what color the wire is?

thanks again

when i bought my challenger my port side guage was not working; turns out it was just unpluged; unscrew the access panel that is on the bottom of the storage lid (under the guages) and see if it is just unpluged; I have noticed that occasionally when i take the storage compartment out and put it back in sometimes it catches on the wires and the previous owner must have just forsed it down and yanked the connector out of the guage. I am now very careful with mine whenever i take out the storage compartment

I agree....

when i bought my challenger my port side guage was not working; turns out it was just unpluged; unscrew the access panel that is on the bottom of the storage lid (under the guages) and see if it is just unpluged; I have noticed that occasionally when i take the storage compartment out and put it back in sometimes it catches on the wires and the previous owner must have just forsed it down and yanked the connector out of the guage. I am now very careful with mine whenever i take out the storage compartment

Yes....:agree: with ssmedt.......that is a probability....:cheers:

Karl had thrown idea in other thread...unplug the "good" gauge connector, and plug it to the one not read'n. If reads, then you know, gauge works...:cheers:

rpm

hey guys.......sorry it took awhile to get back to ya....its been raining....

i am pretty sure it was just a loose connection...i took the access panel off underneath the gauges and wiggled all the connections.......everything works fine now...

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back