Stainless wear ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKnarrowback

Has anyone had any experience with one of these? I'm going through an impeller liner a season and came across this on ebay. Screenshot_20200429-181133_eBay.jpg

The problem with that is it will typically take out the impeller whereas with the standard one the liner gets taken out instead of the impeller.

I put one in my gtx 215 along with a new solas impeller. if I didn't have a hydraulic press, I never would've been able to get it in- even with freezing the ring and warming the pump. it was soooo tight! but, runs awesome. I never beach my water toys and always pay attention to what my draft is. it performs great imo.

What wear rings are you using that you blow through one a year?
I always go with the SBT solid delrin, and have never had to replace one of those

sand will take a delrin ring down quickly- maybe he has a sandy dock area?
Perhaps, and yea I've read that delrin wears in sand.. part of the reason i was asking. Round these here parts, it's rocks and not sand. Rocks will shed an oem while it has no affect on the delrin.

He rides the river in Fairbanks AK that varies in depth during the season so I would guess rocks and gravel.

He rides the river in Fairbanks AK that varies in depth during the season so I would guess rocks and gravel.

Very true. My riding area is silty water with rock bottom. River levels fluctuate daily from inches to feet depending on the rain. No matter how safe I try to be it's a "for sure" I will chew up a liner before the summer ends. I end up "touching bottom" almost every ride with the ride shoe when cruising, or with the nozzle or rear bumper when I'm standing the machine end.

I always have an OEM liner on the peg board over the bench for when I get the machine home. I carry the tools to pull the pump off the machine in the field and have had to use the .22 to "motivate" a rock locked between the impeller/liner/rear veins (not suggested, but it can work when you are stranded). It's a good day if I don't have to pull out on a grassy bank to roll the machine up and pull a stick or rock out of the pump.

The dead liner is usually the work of someone else, but If there was a more durable solution I'd be game for trying it.

I would stock up on a few of these for the price.....
eBay Wear Ring.

I have used a few in friends skis that didn't want to pay for OEM and they seem fine and Matt Braley recommended them.

This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.
I would stock up on a few of these for the price.....
eBay Wear Ring.

I have used a few in friends skis that didn't want to pay for OEM and they seem fine and Matt Braley recommended them.

Thanks Mac, I'll give that a shot. Any non OEM liners I have tried had an ID that was too small and the impeller would not go in or was VERY tight. I'll order one up today.

This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.
Very true. My riding area is silty water with rock bottom. River levels fluctuate daily from inches to feet depending on the rain. No matter how safe I try to be it's a "for sure" I will chew up a liner before the summer ends. I end up "touching bottom" almost every ride with the ride shoe when cruising, or with the nozzle or rear bumper when I'm standing the machine end.

I always have an OEM liner on the peg board over the bench for when I get the machine home. I carry the tools to pull the pump off the machine in the field and have had to use the .22 to "motivate" a rock locked between the impeller/liner/rear veins (not suggested, but it can work when you are stranded). It's a good day if I don't have to pull out on a grassy bank to roll the machine up and pull a stick or rock out of the pump.

The dead liner is usually the work of someone else, but If there was a more durable solution I'd be game for trying it.
lol wow! Then you're definitely not someone who should be using a stainless steel wear ring! I live on a big lake where it's easy to remain away from any debris, other than a couple of lily pads around some coves. In the last six years the only thing I sucked up was my tubing rope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back