Sporster 240 2003 fuel meter empty

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rado

Fuel gauge shows empty even though the pink / pink wire is connected.
Is the meter when broken?

Don't assume anything.

Test the sender... test the gauge, and test the wires between. Also... check all your fuses.

The meter shows allways empty.
I want to test only the meter.

How i do that ?

I have combined the pinks (2) wires, but the meter seems to always be empty.
Oil light meter works, as well as the backlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ground the wire going to the sender, it should go to full. (assuming there is power to the gauge)

Owners manual says that the engine should run?
Asked the same thing in two different ways:

That is, if the engine does not run as the gauge shows empty?

Did not get the meter if you just switch the power back on, or does the engine run?

I went driving for the first time by boat. Work well, but the fuel gauge shows empty. The speedometer shows the zero, that does not work. A gas sensor shows the 0.90 ohm, or I guess it work?

First... please don't keep posting. There are only a few guys here that watch the Mercury section. Give it at least 24 hrs to get an answer.

Did you try to ground the sender wire yet? (as I said 3 days ago)

If your fuel and Speedometer both don't work... I'd say that there could be a problem in the wires coming up to the dashboard. Have you checked all the wiring with a volt/ohm meter?

Do you have the manual for your boat? You rally can't work on it without the info in that book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand. Pink & pink / black cord I put together, but the gauge shows zero.
What line must be put in the ground?

If you put the pink and pink/black together... and it still shows empty, then then gauge has gone bad.

I would check eBay for a replacement, since the OEM gauges haven't been made for a while.

Where is sell 204470806 ??

No where.

Seadoo stopped selling parts for these boats 6~7 years ago. To get a replacement... you will have to find a used gauge. OR... try to adapt a generic boat gauge.

OR.... if you have a speedometer shop near you.... you may be able to get it fixed.

Dr Honda.....had same problem with my 250 optimax swap. Installed a new/used gauge I found at local boat store who was parting one out. Soon as I hooked up wires gauge came alive. Great diagnose for above problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back