Speedster 97 model twin rotax 85hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet 13

My boat was put in the garage for winter. I tried to start it yesterday and the engines would not fire!! I replaced the spark plugs, but, it appears I am not getting fuel to my carb's. I cleaned out the filter bowls and they were clean. All fuel pipelines were changed 3 years ago to the new black pipe. I have read my boat manual and cannot find where the fuel pipes are located. Both engines crank over ok and I get the 2 bleeps when I put my key on. Any advice on how I can prime fuel lines would be appreciaated also if anyone knows where the fuel pump(s) are. I am sure it is one fault in the fuel tank, as the two engines have seperate fuel feeds once it leaves the fuel tank. Currently my fuel tank id half full. Thanks Hornet 13

hornet..if the fuel pumps arent visible, like on a bracket off the mag housing, then they are located/bolted tyo the mag carb. You can remove plugs, pour cup of gas in holes, then fire it up, at-least this will tell you, you have spark, if fires. Then proceed from there, probably to clean carbs, selector valve..etc.

Thank you for your tips and reply. It turned out to be my battery, although I charged it and I got 12.2 volts and 100% reading, a few moments on checking again it dropped to 10 volts and only 9%. It was operating the blowers, however, with hindsight I believe it was turning the starter motors and I got a reading of 1000 rpm, but, not actually cranking the engine. I put a new battery in and it fired up normally!!! I have learnt a lot in the past few days!! Only used it twice before, but, I now know a lot more about the working of the propulsion units. Thanks again for your input. Hornet 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back