Speedster 200 slow start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider2928

I just purchased a 2005 Speedster 200 370HP and am having issues with the boat. When I slowly throttle it up, the right engine will jump to hi rpms but have no power behind it. In looking over the forums I believe the engine is cavitating? Once in plain, the boat performs great...it just has difficulty at times getting into plain. The previous owner had just performed the 100 hour service and also had the boat fully inspected by an authorized seadoo dealer (who told me the boat was in great shape (minus a bearing and wear ring on the right engine which they replaced). However, I just took the boat out today and it was performing the same way (if not worse) than before I took it in. If I try WOT, the boat will rev like crazy for a couple seconds...not going nearly as fast as it sounds like it should...and until the boat plains out then it starts to accelerate. Also, whenever I press the ICS button, the fuse for the radio blows (happened 3 times). Anyone know what I can do?

ics

mine blows the radio fuse also. found the rods that go through the hull are stick in the rubber gromet and cause the motor to overload and blow the fuse. i read on one blog where a boat owner had to drill his rubber gromets out to get the shats to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back