Speedometer not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

04Bushes

2010 GTI How does speedometer work? There is no spinner in the back, GPS? my does not read anything any trick to revive it?

2010 should have a paddle wheel at the back in a triangle shaped housing. 2011 is a gps system. Replacing the guage is the only fix I'm aware of for the newer style.

2010 should have a paddle wheel at the back in a triangle shaped housing. 2011 is a gps system. Replacing the guage is the only fix I'm aware of for the newer style.
Thanks, I must have a late 2010 model. (no paddle wheel) my other one has it. But thanks again.

C2964813-A36D-40F1-AA2C-D7169366D607.jpeg
These are the only pictures I have right now the ski is up at our cabin. I will be back up there next weekend to grab a picture of underneath the craft.

Attachments

• 2344E8B4-8D81-4B56-ACE8-15BCCD468F91.png
    2344E8B4-8D81-4B56-ACE8-15BCCD468F91.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
That is a 2010 GTI 130, not an SE version so it did not come with the speedometer option. You can add it but you will have to add the triangular paddle wheel assembly at the rear and then program your ECU to display the speed. No GPS, one year too old.

So you don't think it ever had a speedometer? The display lights up when you plug the key in. I see the paddles for sale all over I'm sure there is directions where to plug wires in at. I would just have to find a dealer to program ECU. Correct

If you look at the back of the ski on the right hand side you will see where it would have been mounted. There is a small groove on the underside that channels the water to the paddle wheel itself. Instead of buying the paddle wheel you could buy a gps unit made by candoo which would be more accurate and no drilling holes in your hull. A dealer or someone with BUDS or candoo will need to program the ECU either way so it shows up on the cluster.

Yes, but you better make sure the wiring harness has the connector already wired for it which I think it does. Look at the rear of the engine on the right side down low and you should see a 3 wire connector zip tied to a cooling hose at the bottom that will have a dummy plug in it. That is the speed/water temp sensor connector.

Yes, but you better make sure the wiring harness has the connector already wired for it which I think it does. Look at the rear of the engine on the right side down low and you should see a 3 wire connector zip tied to a cooling hose at the bottom that will have a dummy plug in it. That is the speed/water temp sensor connector.
I'll take a look thank you for your input i really appreciate it.

Back