Speed sensor on 2001 GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

Noob to the forum and to Seadoos. Lots of great info which allowed me to diagnose my speed sensor being bad on both machines. I am looking for 2 of the 2 wire speed sensors. The original part # is 278-001-668 but I have heard that any similar 2 wire speed sensor may work. Can anyone actually confirm that? Also, does anyone have these used for sale here? I know they probably are not very accurate but can't stand having it not working.

I'm not sure I have a spare. I have just put a thread together, to sell all my stuff, since being in a motorcycle accident, I'm not going to be able to continue rebuilding and playing with my 787's. You are exactly right, these are only called dream-o-meters. I actually have a motorcycle case for my iPhone, with the ROKFORM case to help protect it from the elements, and I use it for navigation. If you'd like to know your true speed, go to your app store and download "Pro Charts". You'll be surprised. It's like a mini garmin, gives you location, accurate speed, and you can actually use it to plot a course, setting waypoints. I love it.

As for the speedo, if I remember right, you'll need basically the same type you are using, because it works by magnets in your paddle wheel. I think, the other has 3 wires, and it was for the temperature. So yes, if you pick one up that looks like the one you have, but extra wires, then determine which is the temperature, and which is the speedo. But honestly, I'd had my watercraft a long, long time, and I've used Pro Charts for as long as it's been out. It's also great if your in a river your not familar with, up creeks, it'll keep you from getting lost.

The best option is the CanDoo GPS module from PWC Muscle. If you want an inaccurate OEM one the best place is Westside powersports seadoo, call nick or Jess.

I'm not sure I have a spare. I have just put a thread together, to sell all my stuff, since being in a motorcycle accident, I'm not going to be able to continue rebuilding and playing with my 787's. You are exactly right, these are only called dream-o-meters. I actually have a motorcycle case for my iPhone, with the ROKFORM case to help protect it from the elements, and I use it for navigation. If you'd like to know your true speed, go to your app store and download "Pro Charts". You'll be surprised. It's like a mini garmin, gives you location, accurate speed, and you can actually use it to plot a course, setting waypoints. I love it.

As for the speedo, if I remember right, you'll need basically the same type you are using, because it works by magnets in your paddle wheel. I think, the other has 3 wires, and it was for the temperature. So yes, if you pick one up that looks like the one you have, but extra wires, then determine which is the temperature, and which is the speedo. But honestly, I'd had my watercraft a long, long time, and I've used Pro Charts for as long as it's been out. It's also great if your in a river your not familar with, up creeks, it'll keep you from getting lost.
Thank you for all of the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back