Speed Sensor and Compass

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, 2 questions here.... my speed sensor was not working last year on my 01 RXDI so I bought a "working" used one and installed it but still not getting any reading at all. How do I go about testing this?? Which wires to check and what should I be reading on the meter?? Also, I was curious as to why Seadoo did not put a compass on the RX like they did my GTX and if it was possible to install it to the RX.....

I guess what Im asking about the compass is if it is possible for a GTX accessory harness is compatible with an RX....

Hey guys, 2 questions here.... my speed sensor was not working last year on my 01 RXDI so I bought a "working" used one and installed it but still not getting any reading at all. How do I go about testing this?? Which wires to check and what should I be reading on the meter?? Also, I was curious as to why Seadoo did not put a compass on the RX like they did my GTX and if it was possible to install it to the RX.....

To test the speed sensor, find the rear male/female plug at the back of the ski near the hull plate. You'll need to find a way to tap into the sensor wire and ground and still have it connected. Should be a 3 wire sensor, the 3rd wire is the lake temp. Check me on wiring schematics, the pur/yel is the sensor wire.

With a multi meter, tapped into the sensor and ground, push the start/stop button on the ski, you have 30 seconds unless you do it running. Spin the paddle wheel and observe the meter, the voltage should fluctuate.

If you have the compass wires coming off the gauge, it should be a plug and play, it was on my 96' GSX. Same year GTX would be your best bet to find one that'll connect without a plug indifference.

To test the speed sensor, find the rear male/female plug at the back of the ski near the hull plate. You'll need to find a way to tap into the sensor wire and ground and still have it connected. Should be a 3 wire sensor, the 3rd wire is the lake temp. Check me on wiring schematics, the pur/yel is the sensor wire.

With a multi meter, tapped into the sensor and ground, push the start/stop button on the ski, you have 30 seconds unless you do it running. Spin the paddle wheel and observe the meter, the voltage should fluctuate.

If you have the compass wires coming off the gauge, it should be a plug and play, it was on my 96' GSX. Same year GTX would be your best bet to find one that'll connect without a plug indifference.
Thanks G, I’ll work it this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back