Spark Trix Advise Needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Leomilla

I've been riding motocross and dirtbikes as an amateur rider for more than 25 years. When I moved to Florida, I had to find another hobby to burn some adrenaline and boating looked interesting. I've never been in a Jet Ski when I bought a pre-own Spark 2015 HO as it looked and feel like my last Suzuki RM 250.

On my first day in a PWC, I was amazed to know it really feels like a dirtbike; I could not believe how close it is when jumping, turning, and accelerating. Now, I want the Trix; but, looking online I see some people complaining about the seat; not an issue for me as I used to ride for no less than 5 hours per ride. I found the large and fatty seat of other PWC not appealing. Other people are talking about the poor stability; to me, that is what makes it a fun ride.

My goal remains the same, have fun! But because I have less than 15 hours riding time on a Jet Ski in my whole life, I would like to know from you if there are other options out there that fit my needs and what mechanical problems I should be aware before jumping into a brand new Trix.

Thanks!

I agree with you. I have a 2014 spark and my neighbor has two 2015 Yamaha VX cruisers.

I really can't stand riding his. They are about as nimble as a pontoon. You cannot jump them, slide them, make sharp turns, or fast acceleration. They are WAY more stable, but I hate it.

Have a RXT-x and a Trixx, love them both for totally different reasons. Trixx is a blast to ride. I ride MTB and the Trixx is about as close to that on water as I could imagine. You will love it as a MotoX rider.

Have a RXT-x and a Trixx, love them both for totally different reasons. Trixx is a blast to ride. I ride MTB and the Trixx is about as close to that on water as I could imagine. You will love it as a MotoX rider.

This describes me also: 2018 Yama VXR; 2019 TRixx 2-up and a ‘19 Kawa SXR 1500 standup - each serves an individual purpose and fills a niche the other 2 cannot.

I should add, the Yama VXR was our first ever ski and an absolute hands down best first choice for our family (wife absolutely loves that thing, great power and comfort and a DIY wrenches dream come true!)

But, I got bored on it pretty quick and so, enter the 2-up TRixx! :)

I am pretty sure I will NEVER EVER get bored on that SXR but, damn, I can only ride it for 20-30 mins at a time. That is why the Spark is always waiting for me to jump on!

Last edited:
older thread but wanted to weigh in... I also have a cruising style seadoo rxt 260 is- crazy amount of power and very comfortable to ride- but I do get bored on it and a tank of gas only lasts a day at most, not even if you're pulling a tube with the kids in it. I also grew up with motocross- had every 2-stroke made but my cr250r was a mad bike- there's a few design flaws with the trixx, but not deal breakers. the seat is more like a motocross seat, just not as soft as a moto seat. the trixx is not fun over choppy / ripple water- it'll beat the shit out of you. I usually try to find a spot on the water with not too much traffic and some wake action- and I get lost in my own world for hours jumping my own wake and learning new tricks- there's a smile on my face the whole time- and honestly, the most fun I've ever had on a water ski. there's always one or two boats just beyond watching me- and many times been asked what mods I've made- a big surprise on their faces when I tell them it's a bone stock trixx. you can really get some good air on these things over a wake- I've easily cleared 10' of air. you won't be winning any drag races with the big supercharged ski's- but you'll be having way more fun! i'll be riding it all weekend- ;)

Back