Some people eh.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Directly from seadoo through Pro-Caliber in Washington with free shipping.

It looks like you can't link directly to the part page, but here is the parts homepage so you can look up seadoo then 97 xp part # 421000076.

OEM PWC Parts Pro Caliber Motorsports Vancouver, WA 1 (877) 240-1844

I also order a lot of parts through Powersports for less in Miami, but they are a $40 higher on the crank and charge shipping. They are typically 10-25% cheaper on OEM parts than most though.

PowerSports parts 4 less, Yamaha parts, Sea Doo, Polaris, Tucker Rocky, Accessories, ATV, Motorcycle, UTV, PWC, Jet skis, Trailers

Last edited:
Directly from seadoo through Pro-Caliber in Washington with free shipping.

It looks like you can't link directly to the part page, but here is the parts homepage so you can look up seadoo then 97 xp part # 421000076.

OEM PWC Parts Pro Caliber Motorsports Vancouver, WA 1 (877) 240-1844

I also order a lot of parts through Powersports for less in Miami, but they are a $40 higher on the crank and charge shipping. They are typically 10-25% cheaper on OEM parts than most though.

PowerSports parts 4 less, Yamaha parts, Sea Doo, Polaris, Tucker Rocky, Accessories, ATV, Motorcycle, UTV, PWC, Jet skis, Trailers
Thanks man! I'm just 30min from Miami, but I avoid going there. But it might be worth the drive down and to get parts quicker and save on shipping. Guess that's one of the perks of living in this overpopulated metropolis.

Because building exhaust parts out of plastic is ludicrous. I've melted countless plastic pistons because of worn cylinders. They wear where the rave spade travels (not the housing, but the slot in the cylinder) and then accelerate the wear of the rave stem and the housing. I haven't found a way to measure them before I get them bored, and at that point, it's too late to swap out when the problem reveals itself 1month later. And yes, I've bought new bellows, o-rings, oem valves and housings. The problem persists. As far as I'm concerned, the leaking rave is not a huge deal so long as the piston isn't melting. Yea, it's ugly, but I'd rather wait for the next rebuild rather than do a top end just to fix that ONE issue.

You are teaching me. :) I will look at how they are made. Another option may be a 3-D printer using the proper material for the application. Shame on you... now you have me going to look at the piston. :D :D

Well, the plastic they're made out of I think is supposed to handle something like 350F. I haven't heard of any 3d printing materials that can withstand more than that.

You might be okay with just getting new raves/housings, as lots of other people. I, however, seem to be cursed. I'm not the only one, as at least one other guy out there has mentioned this same issue as me.

Last edited:
Well some more interesting news. Took the crank to the dealer to remove the pto since they had a nice jig for it. Ended up snapping one of the lobes off. Wsm aparenrlt make a replacement around the 100$ range p/n is 003-239-01
Going to see what the dealer does. They said they have someone working there that might have one. So they might come good for it :confused:

Last edited:
There was someone in the for sale section selling aluminum rave caps recently.
Yeah, I saw that. But he wanted to sell it with the covers as well, I believe the price was roughly 300 ship. That's about 200 more than I want to spend. Especially considering that you can buy plastic ones $7 each.

Some of us know how to make such things if the time and material costs are worth it. ;) I don't have material like that lying around the shop so material cost is an issue. I don't mind piddling around with such things on occasion but not as a business.

Last edited:
They would sell but not at the $300 price point the other member was selling them for.

If you fellas need OEM parts let me know direct. I can give you a better deal than we sell them on seadoowarehouse.com for. Don't want to lose you guys over a few bucks!

They would sell but not at the $300 price point the other member was selling them for.

Exactly. I was just wondering what a reasonable price would be for a set. I think they can be done for $100 a pair. I worry that extra weight my affect the performance of the valve. Hence an appropriate spring

I have sets from at least four different builders and none are too heavy so I don't think the weight would be an issue. I've noticed when the stem/valve clearance gets to be too much they just keep popping the bellow off the piston. I think the OEM poly ones retain the bellows better but I gotta keep pimpin so I just run fresher valves and stems.

Remember 73diesel's offering comes with those other custom billet parts, not just the pistons.

I have sets from at least four different builders and none are too heavy so I don't think the weight would be an issue. I've noticed when the stem/valve clearance gets to be too much they just keep popping the bellow off the piston. I think the OEM poly ones retain the bellows better but I gotta keep pimpin so I just run fresher valves and stems.

Remember 73diesel's offering comes with those other custom billet parts, not just the pistons.

Yes but that bling isn’t necessary.

Well some more interesting news. Took the crank to the dealer to remove the pto since they had a nice jig for it. Ended up snapping one of the lobes off. Wsm aparenrlt make a replacement around the 100$ range p/n is 003-239-01
Going to see what the dealer does. They said they have someone working there that might have one. So they might come good for it :confused:

Well they said they would do me a favor next time.... well see what that means....
At the moment I can get the wsm part for 78$ cad +shipping. So far that seems like the cheapest option.

Well they said they would do me a favor next time.... well see what that means....
At the moment I can get the wsm part for 78$ cad +shipping. So far that seems like the cheapest option.

Got the new pto and I like it. And now waiting to build up the engine.

That would not be hard for a machinist to machine and press in a brass fitting. It is a great idea and would be better than just replacing with a aluminum housing.
Yeah!!

As in drill press. Done...
While we're on this topic let's talk about trimming your Raves when you bore your cylinders. First of all if you're only increasing the size slightly it doesn't mean you need to take half an inch out of the freaking rave LOL

Second of all if you're going to trim your Raves measure them first then wrap some sandpaper around an old piston and use that to shave your raves down slightly and measure again several times.

Messing up this process will give you a very soggy bottom end but doesn't really affect top end much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back