Solas VS Skat-trak, Which pitch?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again.. I have a Seadoo SP 1997 with 720, Bored .75mm, factory performance pipe spec 1 with ECWI and rev limiter, dual 40mm carbs (142.5 / 75) and a Solas Concord 16/24.. Gets about 41mph bouncing off the rev limiter or cavitating... Serious pull on bottom end and throughout the range. Seems like I need more top end or maybe I have more power then prop?... Stock calls for a 16/35 Aluminum, but my understanding is an aftermarket does not use the same 16/35 numbers? Because nobody makes one of those props with that pitch. What is taller than a Concord 16/24 or should I go with a Skat? I want bottom end and some top end, but I have the power to push it. This set up show no signs or hesitating with this prop. Near wear ring is in there as well as a new carbon seal..

Aluminum impeller? Didn't know seadoo ever did that. A stainless equivalent pitch should rev even higher I'd think b/c the blades should be thinner for the stainless due to more strength.

I'd try to get the impeller guy to commit to an exchange if the pitch doesn't work out.

And I think it's less likely to cavitate at high speed unless the pump intake is coming out of the water b/c at high speed the water is being stuffed into the intake. So some kind of loader grate might help if that's the case? What if you place more weight forward, does that help at all?

Aluminum impeller? Didn't know seadoo ever did that. A stainless equivalent pitch should rev even higher I'd think b/c the blades should be thinner for the stainless due to more strength.

I'd try to get the impeller guy to commit to an exchange if the pitch doesn't work out.
I have 3 Seadoos, 93 and 95 GTX and 97 SP and all 3 have Aluminum props..

And I think it's less likely to cavitate at high speed unless the pump intake is coming out of the water b/c at high speed the water is being stuffed into the intake. So some kind of loader grate might help if that's the case? What if you place more weight forward, does that help at all?

Its almost like if I stab it from almost a stop it pulls hard but seems like it is hitting rev limiter until you get going almost full speed it will slow down and barely do it. I mean Im not sure if it is rev limiter or cavitating. I know cavitation you lose power. this thing you got to hold on when you are accelerating so I dont think it is losing thrust..

Call Glenn at Impros, he has been doing these impellers for decades and used to be the Skat_Trak impeller guy before recently buying Impros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back