So whats the cheapest way out to get a VTS motor?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

I'm seeing about $70. I need 2. 95 xp can live without but 97 xp is a must because that sucker burries the nose when let off throttle. If 70 is the number ill get 2 but has to be a cheaper way... thanks.

It depends if the motor is bad or the actual brain which is the most common. Good tested used ones are about $200 now.
You can also look into "The Trim FIX" which uses external realys.

Its much more likely that it's is the box or as miki put it the brain.

Pull the motors out and bench test them on a battery. If they are working then the trim fix is gonna be the cheapest way to go (although not really that cheap) it will be much reliable in the long run as well.

http://thetrimfix.com/

Last edited:
I also bought the trim fix but did not install it as the issue was corrosion on the motor commutator due to a leak associated with flexible boot. My motor didn't work with 12v directly to the motor wires. I pried off the motor can and cleaned it up and it worked fine.

You can adjust the trim where you like it and forget about it. Just pull the motor out and put the nozzle in the middle. Reinstall the trim motor and go ride the ski. Easy Peasy. Save money. :)

Did you check the trim motors to see if they work? Just need to connect to 12 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back