Smartcraft or Vesselview on a 2003 Islandia 250 Opti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My tach and speedo don't work; will Vesselview Mobile work on my motor? 2003 Islandia with a 250 Opti Serial # OE413216 Would like to know what others have used and prefer. Thanks in advance!

If you haven't been on the website go there and look under faq

Gauges & Displays VesselView Mobile | Mercury Marine

I believe there is a phone number you can call and they will verify if it will work.

On your motor near the starter there should be a smartcraft plug with a yellow or purple dust cap on it

More than likely you have a purple dust cap which means you will need to purchase the yellow resistor cap as well or the unit will not work. I can look up the part number for that if needed, they are like $12. It doesn't come with the kit as they started just using the yellow cap on all the motors so it was already there.

I am 99% sure it will work on all 250 opti Jet drives based on the time they were built. the Jet drive serial numbers which start with OE are not listed on the list of compatible motors.

I have it and works awesome, will give any engine faults as well as all engine info.

Last edited:
If you haven't been on the website go there and look under faq

Gauges & Displays VesselView Mobile | Mercury Marine

I believe there is a phone number you can call and they will verify if it will work.

On your motor near the starter there should be a smartcraft plug with a yellow or purple dust cap on it

More than likely you have a purple dust cap which means you will need to purchase the yellow resistor cap as well or the unit will not work. I can look up the part number for that if needed, they are like $12. It doesn't come with the kit as they started just using the yellow cap on all the motors so it was already there.

I am 99% sure it will work on all 250 opti Jet drives based on the time they were built. the Jet drive serial numbers which start with OE are not listed on the list of compatible motors.

I have it and works awesome, will give any engine faults as well as all engine info.
Thanks for your message but now I'm confused. I have the 250 Opti but because my serial number begins with OE it is not compatible>

I just sent an email to the guy that handles vessel view to double check your serial number, ill let you know the response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back