ski will not turn over or start! very little power to power box

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

way2cool

I have a 98 seadoo gtx limited w/ 951 carb'ed motor. I have just finished the rebuild of the motor and am getting ready to start it up.

I plug in the dess key and get 2 beeps. I push the start button and nothing happens. All the dash lights stay on for about 2 min and then shut off.

I have replaced the

Starter
Battery (brand new)
eeprom 2x's and had keys programmed

I have also tested the battery cables.

I have found out I have no power / very little power going to the battery box in the rear of the ski. Is there any reason the eeprom would not be sending voltage to the starter relay or the coil in the rear of the ski? I have jumped the starter relay and it turns over fine but still no spark.

I can also press the start button and the lights come on so I know the start button works fine.

any idea's or help would be much appreciated!

Be sure the ground going to the engine has a good connection. Clean the end really good. If it isn;t getting a good connection it would cause this problem.

Karl

alight I will go re check my ground strap. But I really don't think that's the problem. I have checked for a good ground with a multi meter. Also I have taken jumper cables and went right from the - post of the battery right to the motor and it didn't make any difference. Dose my ski have an internal or external voltage regulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back