Shift Cable Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CByron

Not sure what the proper title of this part...it's the cable that runs from the controls at the helm to the reverse plate behind the transom of my 155hp Speedster.

Anyway, the old one has seized up and I'm having an awful time removing it.
I've unattached it from the control assembly and the reverse plate, but can't seam to get any farther. Would anyone have any advise?

Thank you.

Not sure what the proper title of this part...it's the cable that runs from the controls at the helm to the reverse plate behind the transom of my 155hp Speedster.

Anyway, the old one has seized up and I'm having an awful time removing it.
I've unattached it from the control assembly and the reverse plate, but can't seam to get any farther. Would anyone have any advise?

Thank you.

No one has any advise?

I need help, too.

Hi folks. I have run into the same problem. Just bought a 5894, and on the first trip out, both reverse cables snapped. I'm super-irritated at the replacement price for the cables. I will happily take all advice about 1) why the cables don't move when they are freed at both ends & 2) where I can get these cables cheaper. I will surely take care of the cables when they are mine :)
I even lubed them up before I took it on its first run. It has not been a good day for boating.
Thank you much,
Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back