Share the most recent phone picture of your Sea-doo..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trouble figuring out how to post a picture on here.
188.jpg

So I posted first and used the edit feature to add in the photo. This is my first pair that taught me the value of the Sea-Doo forum. Thanks guys for keeping me on the water.

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is not a 4-tec but it is definitely from tonight and on my iPhone. Decided to deep clean my ski before the ice melts. For a 2003, it is still looking good! Next, the ATV...

IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0348.JPG

Now, our boat ramp yesterday... Actually, we can't see the ramp. Water is way too high. Normal is four feet lower and even five. We are close to flooding. One more foot and a road gets closed.

IMG_0314.JPG

Guess my ski stays in the garage for now... If I make the math, this ice will be gone in 3-4 days. Then it will be bone freezing for at least another 10 days. Then after that, it will get to 40 degrees F by end of April and I guess with a wet suit, I will be able to ride by about May 5th unless I get reckless but then I would stay close to my trailer in case something goes wrong.

Enjoy.

Benji.

My wife and I just signed the purchase agreement for this beauty, pick it up this weekend. So excited, can't wait to get it out in Tampa Bay!!
207.jpg
208.jpg

benjilafouine, That is a killer buff job! Any secrets you want to share?

The owner said she just had it detailed by someone but She didn't go into any further detail other than that. It sat on that boat lift for most summers and the starboard side would get hit with the evening sun so there's a little bit of oxidization starting. I've been going to YouTube university all week watching videos on repairing oxidizing hulls. It'll be on my project list but not super high on the list as of right now. We are picking up the boat tonight and we're super excited! It's going to be the longest day at work ever, I'll be watching that stupid clock all day :)

The owner said she just had it detailed by someone but She didn't go into any further detail other than that. It sat on that boat lift for most summers and the starboard side would get hit with the evening sun so there's a little bit of oxidization starting. I've been going to YouTube university all week watching videos on repairing oxidizing hulls. It'll be on my project list but not super high on the list as of right now. We are picking up the boat tonight and we're super excited! It's going to be the longest day at work ever, I'll be watching that stupid clock all day :)

Post up some pics when you get it. Im guessing you are spending the weekend on the water? lol

I had to wait a week before I got to ride mine only to find it probably has a bad oil pressure sensor. This weekend is going to be stormy so it's going to be 2 weeks before I can verify. It's been too nice to get so little time on the water. More time to clean her up I guess.

Last year, I had the bottom fixed by a pro. He first did a gelcoat directly under the ski (the keel) and he buffed the entire below with a buffing machine so I do not deserve the merit for under the ski. The trick is not to beach it at all.

For the white section and other plastics I used: http://www.meguiars.com/en/marine/products/m5016-boatrv-cleaner-wax-liquid-16oz/.

For vinyl and rubber, I used: http://www.meguiars.com/en/marine/products/m5716-vinyl-rubber-cleaner-conditioner-16oz/.

I think the real secret is to protect it from the sun in summer (put the tarp on when not using it). I always keep that wax with me in the cargo bay with a couple rags so every week or so in summer, I apply a thin coat on it to keep it shiny and protected.

The previous owner kept it very clean on the outside but neglected a bit the engine but once I replaced the engine, this machine is very pleasant to have.

Since I had the gelcoat redone, I am always using a small anchor to keep it in the water wherever I go. I first bought a cheap anchor and did some modifications as a friend explained me how it works in the navy! First bought a "Kwik Tek A-5 PWC Fluke Anchor with Nylon Bag and Rope" (on sale everywhere). Then I removed the rope and replaced it with a real marine rope that does not float (sinking rope). The rope should be the same length as your ski (minimally). Then at the end of the rope, buy some chain (medium size, about same size as the rope) and attach it to the rope for the same length again as your ski (minimally).

My anchor kit is now fantastic and never gets displace when there is wind so I never beach my ski. Secret is that the total length of rope/chain is at least twice the length of your ski and that it sinks. This sinking and chain adding some weight effect prevents the anchor from drifting. I had a friend of mine last year who bought the same kit and just added chain to the cheap rope and his ski was always getting displaced while mine didn't move an inch!

This is how you will keep even an old ski in good shape. And in winter, if you can't have it in a garage, get it shrink wrap as the tarp is not enough.

Benji.

Of course it hasn't rained here in Tampa for months but I buy a boat and it rains both weekend days on our first weekend with a boat! Got up early yesterday, cleaned it out and gave it a nice buff job. Then my wife and I got the boat out on the bay for a little while yesterday and had a great time. Hopefully we should be able to get out for a little while today too. Can't wait for the water to warm up a bit, 80° is still a little chilly [emoji6]
252.jpg
253.jpg
254.jpg

Our first outing with these 95 spi's. Small engine but did quite well in the local river. I much prefer to cruise rivers than anywhere else.

What type of water sources do you prefer? River, lakes, ocean, etc??
259.jpg

[MENTION=79501]benjilafouine[/MENTION] I'm in Orillia on Lake Simcoe. Ice is now all gone here but its still really cold

Of course it hasn't rained here in Tampa for months but I buy a boat and it rains both weekend days on our first weekend with a boat! Got up early yesterday, cleaned it out and gave it a nice buff job. Then my wife and I got the boat out on the bay for a little while yesterday and had a great time. Hopefully we should be able to get out for a little while today too. Can't wait for the water to warm up a bit, 80° is still a little chilly [emoji6]
252.jpg
253.jpg
254.jpg

80 sounds fantastic to me, lucky dog. I'm just happy to see the air that warm. Boat looks great, by the way.

I'll have to find another. But she's all done. Upgraded stereo, wake rack, carpet, compresion tested, oil, Impellers, rings, waxed and me- happy.
178.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back