shallow water and verey weedy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

golfballa

so im taking my speedster150 155 2009 to the nearist lake to my home since my bro is back form army and my concern is the canal i have to get from the boat lanch to the lake is only 3ft deep,verey weedy and really long im afrade that i will suck a shit load of weeds through the impeller is this true oh it is a no wake zone too and my father inlaw says enough boats go up and down it and chew up the weeds but im not sure its cool any advice would be appreciated thanks.

I take mine through a couple canals that have some weeds in them. My advice is to go through it but if you notice any cavitation, be prepared to jump off and clear your intake grate. You do not want to just power through and risk overheating.

We have a bunch of lilly pads near our house. It's almost impossible to miss them all. The water level's also less than 3 feet in certain areas. So far I haven't had any issues other than an occasional clearing of pads from the grate. I'd like to think the sandy bottom doesn't hurt the impeller (if I was to suck up a bit)? I think the real damage comes from rocky bottoms?

Ive done both, sucked up rocks and clogged the grates with weeds. My advice, dont underestimate the amount of suction the impellers create even at idle speeds. I recently clogged both intake grates with seaweed in 5 feet of water and had to go under and clear it out. Heres a good video that says it all...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6WLqVfuFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back