2003 GTI LE RFI Sudden Problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took my ski up to the lake this week for 4 days of camping. Throughout the spring, I decided to replace the wear ring, and this was our first outing since (aside from a test-run after the replacement). It ran great for the first 2 days, with steady use throughout both days. On the third day, I was out riding when I decided to come back for my wife. We took off from shore with no problem, and decided to head through a channel into the bigger lake. Suddenly, the ski bogged down to 3k RPM and I couldn't go over 5mph. I turned around and limped all the way back to the camp. With the the throttle pinned, the ski would randomly surge, then quickly return to the slow speed.

The channel I rode through was shallow with some foliage, so I decided to check the drive shaft for weeds. I saw nothing wrapped around the shaft or impeller.

I pulled the ski out of the water and started checking things over. It seemed like the engine was over-heating. I checked the water lines and everything seems cleared. The only concern I have it the hose that extends from the top of the pump, through the hull. I'm guessing this is part of the cooling system? The white piece shown in the picture seems loose, to the point that I can move i up and down (picture taken during wear ring replacement).

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated!

1594852367125.png

It could be an air leak either from the fuel filter o ring or the fuel selector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back